Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all. New to the site. I am 49 yoa and in North Georgia...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I'm from S. Central Pa., 63 y.o. and retired. I started detecting in 1981, took a hiatus in 1985, and resumed detecting again in 1991. Since then I've been detecting mostly in and around Huntingdon County, with a few trips to surrounding state parks and the Outer Banks...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to the great state of PA.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hi. New from Australia. Took ages to get a user name I thought of that wasn't taken 😀
Yeah I like Chilli's, so that'll do!
Used to detect a bit yrs ago with SDs and GPs, got an injury so stopped. Hasn't got better, worse actually, but the misses said hey get something light to at least have some fun now n then. Saw a brand new unboxed Xterra705 in an add, I used a 70 for coins yrs ago so know the machine.
I picked it up yesterday. Aint no pi but it's better than nothing.
I live in the country goldfields area in Victoria.
Anyway thats me.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, mate. It is good to have you aboard and I hope you enjoy your time here. I am a fellow chili lover. Grow them every year. Your avatar looks sort of like Thai hot chilis, but maybe a little long. What are they? I make hot sauce every year too.

You live in a great place to dig. The best of luck.

Cheers

Sport181

Greenie
Jan 30, 2022
Alexandria, PA
Detector(s) used
White's
V3i, Spectrum XLT, Eagle II SL, Surfmaster II
Hi. New from Australia. Took ages to get a user name I thought of that wasn't taken 😀
Yeah I like Chilli's, so that'll do!
Used to detect a bit yrs ago with SDs and GPs, got an injury so stopped. Hasn't got better, worse actually, but the misses said hey get something light to at least have some fun now n then. Saw a brand new unboxed Xterra705 in an add, I used a 70 for coins yrs ago so know the machine.
I picked it up yesterday. Aint no pi but it's better than nothing.
I live in the country goldfields area in Victoria.
Anyway thats me.
Welcome Chilli from down under, glad you're here!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Hello, mate. It is good to have you aboard and I hope you enjoy your time here. I am a fellow chili lover. Grow them every year. Your avatar looks sort of like Thai hot chilis, but maybe a little long. What are they? I make hot sauce every year too.

You live in a great place to dig. The best of luck.

Cheers
Hi. Thanks. Im not sure what those are to be honest. None of mine are red yet. I just got that for the time being off of the net.
Growing these, which are nothing like what the picture on the seedling picture showed, was supposed to be asian firecracker. Look like regular Jalapenos to me, nice and hot though.
IMG_20220211_141823_913~2.jpg

First try growing a Trinidad Butch T Scorpion. Plants going ok and got its first few tiny chili's growing.
IMG_20220211_141834_975~2.jpg

IMG_20220211_141842_899~2.jpg

These were almost throw aways from last year, was total failure due to the crazy non stop heat and winds along with a plague of aphids. Misses saved these ones through winter and spring, she put 3 in the one pot, but I can't recall what these were, im thinking Fatali!?
IMG_20220211_142307_539~2.jpg

Should at least this year get some. Looking forward to trying those legendary Butch Ts.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Thanks. Im not sure what those are to be honest. None of mine are red yet. I just got that for the time being off of the net.
Growing these, which are nothing like what the picture on the seedling picture showed, was supposed to be asian firecracker. Look like regular Jalapenos to me, nice and hot though. View attachment 2009356
First try growing a Trinidad Butch T Scorpion. Plants going ok and got its first few tiny chili's growing.
View attachment 2009358
View attachment 2009359
These were almost throw aways from last year, was total failure due to the crazy non stop heat and winds along with a plague of aphids. Misses saved these ones through winter and spring, she put 3 in the one pot, but I can't recall what these were, im thinking Fatali!? Should at least this year get some. Looking forward to trying those legendary Butch Ts.
Plants look healthy. I grow cayenne, habanera, Tabasco, and Thai hot. Cayenne is my favorite although I really like my habanera/mango hot sauce,

anyway, welcome again. Pleased to meet you.

ADHD_Outdoors

Mar 31, 2022
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How-do,
I'm from south-central Arkansas. Husband to a cancer fighting wonder-woman, daddy of 2 amazing daughters and overall outdoor junkie. If it swims, I catch it. If its got hair or feathers, I hunt it. Few things are better than small running waters, a sip of good whiskey and a good dog.
I hunt with a Garrett AT Pro, recently refurbed by Garrett - outstanding service by the way -, a Garrett carrot stick and my granddad's old White's somethingorother model. I've found a recent resurrected interest in detecting and I spend a bit of free time researching old settlements in my area.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How-do,
I'm from south-central Arkansas. Husband to a cancer fighting wonder-woman, daddy of 2 amazing daughters and overall outdoor junkie. If it swims, I catch it. If its got hair or feathers, I hunt it. Few things are better than small running waters, a sip of good whiskey and a good dog.
I hunt with a Garrett AT Pro, recently refurbed by Garrett - outstanding service by the way -, a Garrett carrot stick and my granddad's old White's somethingorother model. I've found a recent resurrected interest in detecting and I spend a bit of free time researching old settlements in my area.
Welcome to TreasureNet, happy to have you with us!

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from MIchigan.... Lots of good people with lots of advice and there are people here that can tell you what it is you are finding if you provide a pic or 2.

Whynotme

Greenie
Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone. I joined in February but just noticed that it's suggested that we introduce ourselves.

I'm someone who has always been interested in metal detecting. My cousin's husband got a Minelab which got me thinking about detecting. Since then I've gone on 2 trips to the UK detecting with a loaned Deus and I've made some interesting finds there. I purchased a barely used Deus with a 13 inch HF coil and pinpointer in October but I've not had a chance to go detecting in the US yet. I live on Whidbey Island in Washington State so unfortunately I don't have access to the awesome history that so many of you have. I'm hoping that someone knows of people that take others on tours to permissions that they have. However, I'm sure that there are places to detect here so I hope to get out and use my detector soon.

Pleased to be here! I hope to learn from the veterans. 😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread