Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

pittviper

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from Pittsburgh, PA. New to this possible hobby and primarily interested in Lake Erie (gold coins, etc.) and the creeks and streams north of Allegheny County. Hope to hear from some of you pros out there!!

SwampYankee

Feb 23, 2014
Northern New England
Detector(s) used
White's 6000/Di Series 3 Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from northern Connecticut! Getting back into the hobby, started in the early 80's, more time on hands now so dusted off my trusty White's 6000di series III that's still finding treasure, and recently added a pin pointer, nice helper tool for the hobby, along with the Lesche digging tool. The new tools should help locate cool finds, and maybe help upgrade the MD. The best tool I have now that I didn't have 30 years ago is Treasure Net, great info and encouragement to get at it again. Thanks!

Last edited:

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I'm in central Alabama. I'm new to metal detecting and getting back into to gold prospecting.

unlucky lad

Mar 17, 2014
Dagana
Detector(s) used
nill
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone.... I am new to this site... so happy to find this site where I can see so many exciting posts about findings. I am unlucky lad because I live in Bhutan "The land of thunder dragon" with so many hidden treasures and relics centuries ago... and I don't have a potentials to go for hunting :BangHead:... I can't go for hunting because I don't have any metal detecting equipments and other gears. it is not available in our market and if I have to order from another source it is damn costly that I cannot afford:BangHead:.... In our country nobody does treasure hunting and gold prospecting.... I dont know why.... for me its my unfulfilled dream.... I have installed metal detecting app in my android phone and go out for hunting some times to quench my thirst but I end up detecting nothing.... ha ha... guy ya all are lucky guys.... I envy ya all....

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone.... I am new to this site... so happy to find this site where I can see so many exciting posts about findings. I am unlucky lad because I live in Bhutan "The land of thunder dragon" with so many hidden treasures and relics centuries ago... and I don't have a potentials to go for hunting :BangHead:... I can't go for hunting because I don't have any metal detecting equipments and other gears. it is not available in our market and if I have to order from another source it is damn costly that I cannot afford:BangHead:.... In our country nobody does treasure hunting and gold prospecting.... I dont know why.... for me its my unfulfilled dream.... I have installed metal detecting app in my android phone and go out for hunting some times to quench my thirst but I end up detecting nothing.... ha ha... guy ya all are lucky guys.... I envy ya all....

Welcome to the site. Perhaps until you can get some equipment, you can make use of written resources or the memories of your elders and search with digging tools and sifting tools. It seems you have the desire. We have an old saying here - " Where there is a will, there is a way". Good luck to you.

BOYLE07

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2014
Grass Valley, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from the Gold Country in Northern CA!

My wife and I just picked up a used BH Quick Draw II of eBay and we are eager to do some hunting. We live in Grass Valley and recently moved to a house that was built in the 30s and have about an acre of land to explore. So far I haven't had much time to test the MD out, but I did find my first pull tab and old door handle :) I've also got family in Blue Canyon who has the foundation to a late 1800s hotel on their property. Can't wait to get out there!

Looking forward to getting to know some of you folks.

SurfingCowboy

Mar 19, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,
I have been doing a lot of research on lost treasures in Pennsylvania and how to go about searching/Treasure Hunting for them. One of the best thing any of us can do is join a forum where we can share ideas, theories, and knowledge from people with experience. I looked around and found this site to be user friendly and full of positive, helpful, and all around decent people. I have never metal detected but I am going to borrow one from my dad and then after I have found some treasure I will buy one. Yes, I am confident and it is because I am an optimist. I have had to find a new hobby and I have always loved lost treasures and the idea of being like Indiana Jones. I live in the Southern center part of Pa. but research treasures from all over the state. I am really excited to get to know everyone on here and hear everyone's success stories. One day I too will have a success story to share with someone who is new. So that everyone know I am open to any help that anyone can offer; so if I write something and you know something about it, have a better way of doing something, or would like to coordinate our efforts Please feel free to let me know. I love to learn and like to listen to people with experience. Good Luck to all the Treasure Hunters out there and Be careful and Safe.

SurfingCowboy

Mar 19, 2014
Pennsylvania
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,
I have been doing a lot of research on lost treasures in Pennsylvania and how to go about searching/Treasure Hunting for them. One of the best thing any of us can do is join a forum where we can share ideas, theories, and knowledge from people with experience. I looked around and found this site to be user friendly and full of positive, helpful, and all around decent people. I have never metal detected but I am going to borrow one from my dad and then after I have found some treasure I will buy one. Yes, I am confident and it is because I am an optimist. I have had to find a new hobby and I have always loved lost treasures and the idea of being like Indiana Jones. I live in the Southern center part of Pa. but research treasures from all over the state. I am really excited to get to know everyone on here and hear everyone's success stories. One day I too will have a success story to share with someone who is new. So that everyone know I am open to any help that anyone can offer; so if I write something and you know something about it, have a better way of doing something, or would like to coordinate our efforts Please feel free to let me know. I love to learn and like to listen to people with experience. Good Luck to all the Treasure Hunters out there and Be careful and Safe.

Ozinies

Mar 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I enjoy stone artifact hunting, Del Marva peninsula Is home . This forum looks like a good place to help identify what I find

Last edited:

Vtwinrob

Mar 20, 2014
Lake Elsinore, CA.
Detector(s) used
Open to suggestions....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all. New to the site, have been doing research lately and it brought me to here. Seems like a ton of knowledge here so I will be reviewing this site and just be a quiet noobie for now.
Me in the quick picture- Grew up in PA, Construction guy all my life. Went to the military (Seabee), back out into construction in AZ, then back to the east coast. Tired of the weather over there and moved back to CA to enjoy the weather and ride the bike a few years back. Back in school under the GI Bill for Civil Engineering and a geology class caught my interest a few semesters ago. Now still in school but getting back to the geology aspect, always wanted to go panning and I travel around a lot on the bike.

This gets me thinking that I would love to do some exploring while out on the open road and have been looking into a detector for some time. Here I am, ready to take in the knowledge of those who have bravely ventured out before me.
/salute

mrorioles83

Mar 21, 2014
Northeast Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New member looking forward to learning I collect and hunt for pretty much anything and everything anywhere and everywhere From US Coins To old beaded purses and California raisins. I'm from Iowa just got a metal detector over the winter cant wait to try it out with my son and be able to dig then maybe we can find something and get the wife interested as well so if anyone can give me any pointers on how and where to start looking for places to have better chances at finding stuff also how to get old maps and info on different areas I would really appreciate it Thanks Also how and where do I post pictures I'd like to get some opinions on a 1888 indian head that I think and hope is a 1888/7

Mar 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone! Kinda stoked… yesterday I ordered my 1st "real" metal detector (Garrett AT Pro) w/ a Pro Pointer. I can't wait to get started.

gmradar

Mar 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello there. We are based in Athens and London, Europe. Great forum!

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Chief and dpark!!

JDan

Tenderfoot
Jun 27, 2012
Hey there everyone, Im a Treasure hunter of 3 days now. I won a gift card from the radio station last month and desided to buy a metal detector. well, the gift card was for $100 and to cabela's. I was able to buy the Bounty Hunter model Treasure Hunter. its ok. and yesterday i bought a White's PRL-1 from craigslist for $75. So i think that i upgraded, what do you think? and is the PRL-1 waterproof? it says it is. can i stick the coil in the river or stream? im from louisville, kentucky. not to many good places to hunt, any tips i should look for? thanks guys and gals.

Sounds like you got a great upgrade for only $75, and having a spare detector is never a bad thing. Best of luck to you and enjoy metal detecting, it's an awesome hobby.

Raymie

Mar 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, there's still a lot of snow on the ground in Ct. but I've got cabin fever to get back out w/metal detector in hand! I went out this am, only to find a quarter while constantly looking over my shoulder for a BEAR! Blackrock park in Watertown Ct. Fun but a little stressful! I started Metal detecting only last fall. I'm a retired X-Ray Tech. I love fishing as well, here in the cleaner lakes of Ct. I would like to know of any findings in the Salmon River in Granby Ct. Possible gold coins from George Washington's cache. Any other suggested sites in Ct. would really excite me if anyone would like to share! Thanks, Raymie

Raymie

Mar 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting in Northern Ct.

Hi I read your post and was Very impressed with your finds! I just started last fall, and have only found beginners pennies, dimes and quarters. A lot of flip-tops (annoying) as well. Please reply wsome more suggestions as to where I might start searching. I live in Bristol. ESPN, that Bristol. Hope to hear from you, thanks, Raymie:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread