Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Nativegates

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All....I am new to the site and new to treasure hunting, but used to find lots of things at the beach where I used to live in Florida. I live in a Civil War area in Georgia now so the treasure hunting bug has nailed me again...lol. looking forward to interacting here, checking out what people find and keeping this old woman busy! Have a great week!

MetalHeadAJ

Greenie
Mar 27, 2014
Bay Area, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everybody! I'm brand new to metal detecting and I'm in the East Bay area of California. Looking to learn more, meet people local to me, and hopefully to post cool finds! Appreciate any pointers.

Duckswife

Apr 1, 2014
Garden City, KS
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Whites XLT. Garrett Pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Carrie aka babyduckswife been reading forums for awhile and decided its time to step onto the pages. I recently added an xp deus to my detectors and am really enjoying some of the features. I also have 2 whites and a garret AT pro. I love all the gadgets and gizmos that go with the hobbie. Going to try to ding a metal detecting partner in these boards somewhere. Moving to Kansas City within the next month and a half. Happy hunting.

Apr 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys! I been detecting for a while in Brazil, Suriname (Gold hunting) and Mexico for Treasure. I love it! However, since I moved to Northern California (SF) area I miss the big treasure hunting community. So I decided to join the best forum out there I have been reading your post and I am excited to be an active participant! :) I look forward to hearing from many of you.

Scrantonian

Apr 6, 2014
Scranton,Pa
Detector(s) used
30$ Radio Shack detector
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everyone, I'm obviously new to the site and just want to say that I love detecting. I am in the Lackawanna Valley area, I currently have a 30$ radio shack machine and I'm hoping to upgrade soon. I absolutely love digging up the past and anything of value $$$ (I'm sure we all do). Thanks for having me! Any advice on what kind of machine would be good for my area would be greatly appreciated.

geotracker

Greenie
Apr 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys im looking into careers that involve archaeology and technology. I am very interested in metal detection and also finding treasure. I have decided that if i never chase my passion i will regret it unto death. Security is the condition of your heart rather than having substance of wealth. Please if you have any information on what i should get into please let me know! I have a full free ride for college with my GI Bill from the Navy!! Please message me!! I was diving in the gulf of mexico and i traveled to australia and some islands in the south pacific as a missionary! Please converse with me! Moving to California in August.

Dirtydog

Apr 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Greeting from the Treasure Coast of FL. I'm looking forward to learning from the vast knowledge of Treasurenet.

BarbaraDean

Apr 10, 2014
Richland SC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening all! Newbie from Sunny South Carolina! Love this site and hope to learn a lot from others here! I love vintage buttons, postcards, vintage jewelry and vintage
sewing patterns! Would love to meet new people from all over! Thanks for having me! Barbara

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys im looking into careers that involve archaeology and technology. I am very interested in metal detection and also finding treasure. I have decided that if i never chase my passion i will regret it unto death. Security is the condition of your heart rather than having substance of wealth. Please if you have any information on what i should get into please let me know! I have a full free ride for college with my GI Bill from the Navy!! Please message me!! I was diving in the gulf of mexico and i traveled to australia and some islands in the south pacific as a missionary! Please converse with me! Moving to California in August.

Thanks for your service. If you want to get along with detectorists, don't mention you may consider a vocation involving archaeology, lol. I am not sure why this is the case because it would seem these 2 passions would go together hand in hand. They should compliment each other, right? Personally, I can definitely see how advanced courses in relics would be very beneficial to our hobby. It would give you avenues for not only identification but probably access to sites normally off limits to us. I was in the Air Force during the time when there was no GI Bill available ( early 80's ), so I am envious of you. Good luck in your decisions, career and hunts!

Aimblv

Apr 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi y'all ! Aimee from east texas here ! I hope everyone is having an awesome Friday !!
~So I have a newbie question pertaining to this app ; how do you request to be someone's friend and what does the checkbox mean by someone's profile name when you click on their profile name ? Does that mean you can subscribe to them or something ?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi y'all ! Aimee from east texas here ! I hope everyone is having an awesome Friday !!
~So I have a newbie question pertaining to this app ; how do you request to be someone's friend and what does the checkbox mean by someone's profile name when you click on their profile name ? Does that mean you can subscribe to them or something ?

Which app are you using Aimee? Welcome to the site.

david guerreiro

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is David Guerreiro, I'm another newbie and from Portugal, looking for good friendship and some meteorite info.

Gadgetmanwalt

Apr 13, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings From Northern Baltimore County, Maryland. I'm an Adventurous person that likes to explore. I have hiked almost all of the "A.T" and I'am new to finding gold in Northern Baltimore county or in Pennsylvania. If Anyone would share a little info or take me some spots I would appreciate it. I'm Mainly LOOKING FOR GOLD Everyone have a fantastic day and keep on hunting. Gadgetmanwalt

FullTones

Apr 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been reading the forum for years and finally got around to signing up.
I have some impressions on machines to pass along. They are in approximate order of time used over the last 6 years.
Whites Prizm III, first machine. No good and not much coin, given to my dad before giving it a chance or researching where to actually use a machine. I have since tried this machine and find it works just fine.
Tesoro Vaquero, very very deep on bottle caps and pull tabs. Sensitive to micro jewelry. No display and no pinpointer at the time I used it. I wore me out digging deep on beaver tails. Not too expensive, couldn't be as good as the big machines... Yeah right.
Tesoro Tiger Shark, found my first gold with this machine and quite a bit of clad too. Used it both on land and water but too heavy for land.
Tesoro Compadre, I bought this machine to use on land while I had the Tiger Shark. I regret selling this machine. My oldest coin was found with it. The Compadre is my first and only recommendation for someone starting out and I will probably buy one again someday to have a back up. Turn it on, start finding stuff. Compadre knocks out iron really well.
I sold the Compadre when I bought the VX3, a real machine. LOL I didn't find any gold the two years I used it. The VX3 was going to be my deep seeking silver and gold finder. Some silver jewelry found, no silver coins. If it wasn't so dang heavy I probably would have kept it because when it beeped and read 82 it was a quarter 99.99% of the time, I really liked having a quarter vacuum. But, I never found any real silver coins no matter where I looked. The part that really got me upset about the VX3 was that even with the tiny 4x6 DD coil, it wouldn't make a peep on gold ear rings. No even when scratching the coil on high frequency.
That brings me to my new machine, Deus light package with the ear bud adapter for ws4 control unit.
Wow. A week into this new machine and I have a nice size chunk of gold from a man's watch, more nickels than I have seen in a long time and a small earring stud. I don't like that I haven't figured out how to not dig crown caps yet, but if it means the machine will help me get gold again it's worth it.
There's a guy on here that goes by Tabman who always brags up the Compadre, I can see why. I really like that machine but am going to hold off on buying another one while I learn the Deus. This will be the summer I go out of my way to dig all signals that sound good instead of relying on a spectrograph and so far I am off to a good start.
Happy hunting all.

saherkteer

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello everybody
Im new to the forum an i dont know ho to post
I have alot of topics and questions
please tell me how
thanks

dooy

Apr 7, 2014
WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!!Im new to site but been detecting for several years now.I live in the mnts. of WV.I need some buddies to hunt with,and thought I might run into some like minded people on this site.I get so much info. from this sight. I LOve It!

Pipersbabe

Apr 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I just got a metal detector !!! Something I have always wanted. I went out and tried it today and came home with 13 cents lololol more than I had when I left the house :)

BentSpear

Tenderfoot
Apr 19, 2014
N.E.Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, My name is Mark, I live in N.E. Alabama. Just getting back into detecting, haven't done any since I was a child with my father.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread