Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Tooter

Aug 3, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello every one hope to contribute to the forum my real name is alex and 56 young i am based in taree nsw australia i have been detecting for 2years now been prospecting since i was 8 i mainly dive the swiming holes around here and get up to the gold feilds a couple times a year i am currently building a 12v hookah to go with a tracker4 i waterproofed wich works great hope to get to know a few of you folks cheers tooter

bennygogo

Aug 8, 2015
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My name is Georgia, I live in Texas, and I found the site quite by accident. I did discover a treasure of sorts-found a Dutch Baluster Wine Glass from 1737. I found the site by accident looking up the ship that was etched on the glass, called the Hogersmilde. I decided since I have been a fan of old things forever, I would join. I have been interested in getting a Metal Detector for some time, but have not yet invested in one.

oakley1805205

Jul 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
new member here. does anyone live near Bethlehem pa that would be interested in going on a hunt soon maybe by this weekend the 15th of august 2015

scottishdigger

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2015
Edinburgh
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAX 550
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys. New member from Scotland. I've been collecting coins since I was a young lad but recently took up metal detecting (a couple of years ago). Love all things treasure related.

sandyis

Oct 3, 2013
MArtell, CA
Detector(s) used
ace 250 pro pack, Garrett AT Pro pack w/ 5x8' coil, vibra-quatic 2 underwater hand held detector, Jobe 45" yellow jacket sluice, Blue bowl concentrate extractor and a few other toys.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not really new but moved from NH to Martell, ca in hopes of finding gold. Just retired here looking for others looking for gold in my are.
If yr near Amador county and or Jackson, Sutter Creek, Martell towns give me a shout I have a few toys Sluice at home.jpg Blue Bowl setup.jpg Jobe river sluice Me.jpg

Jessie22

Greenie
Aug 12, 2015
South Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from south central PA. Glad to join the site. I'm relatively new to metal detecting but recently found what I think is a Roman Coin. How do I go about verifying if its truly a real Roman coin, versus a medallion, versus somebody's long lost souvenir from visiting Europe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jessie22

Greenie
Aug 12, 2015
South Central PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello from south central PA. Glad to join the site. Looking forward to learning a few things from you gentlemen and ladies as I am relatively new to metal detecting as I recently retired.

Aug 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am from St. Louis MO have been artifact hunting for years have interesting pieces looking for retirement treasure

runecaster

Greenie
Aug 16, 2015
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone I'm a new member from Western New York state. Just recently retired and am getting back into the hobby. This looks to be a very informative site and I look forward to learning from the members and veterans of metal detecting.

jimfinds

Aug 18, 2015
idaho
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am the newest newbe I guess. This is all very overwhelming but I will keep going forward until I am out in a field detecting for a hobby. We live in Idaho and tried to join a club in Boise, but turns out to be one of those frustrating sites that you just keep going in circles and no one to contact. So... here I am. Anyone else live in Idaho?

rickivens

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Hi, Hello, What's Up? Not only am I struggling to decide on what metal detector I want I am not quite sure how to post. I'm Rick from Virginia Beach and want to start hunting the surf like the 1000 other guys that I see out there.

rickivens

Aug 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to visit I know it is a great city, beautiful, nice climate and low crime rate.

Beepndig

Aug 19, 2015
CO
Detector(s) used
Ace350, pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to detecting and having fun. Work with an ace 350 and a pioneer 202. Ace being the favorite, but I have 4" coil on 202 for picking around bottle cap/pull tab infested pavilions . Mostly been cutting my teeth in tot lots and have accumulated about $35 in pocket change since early July . Most notable finds have been a co tax token from around the 30's-40's, a late 70's Susan b , and a 1951 wheat penny. Found the Susan b and wheat penny in the wood chips at a park right down the street from my house and coinage seems to replenish quickly at this park. Haven't found any good jewelry yet, but I tend to get annoyed with trashy stuff and just start shooting coins most of the time. I have also found several "trucker" sunglasses at local mud volleyball pits. One pair , my daughter actually uses. Fall soccer and football seasons are kickin in and hope to find fresh jewelry soon. Also starting to try and target schools that are from the 50's in the hopes of finding some late silver coins. Happy hunting

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,
I think this is where I am to post that I am a new member.
My user name is toolmanbutch, I am from Upstate NY., Retired. Married 46 years.
I have done a small amount of Hunting using my Bounty Hunter. I met a man that really got my juices flowing to dive into this Treasure Hunting experience. I have a place near Melbourne, Fl, and I want to start going to the Treasure Coast. I am looking at the Mine-lab Excalibur 11 for my Treasure Hunting in the Salty Environment. Any infor is welcome.
Looking forward to reading this Forum.
Butch

rwdiii

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
I am a new member and I joined because I live about 4 miles from a Butterfield station site and a Mormon Bn camp site near Casa Grande Ariz
I need help finding where the Stanwix station is.I have read 3 or 4 books and they list different locations and even different names
I am retired and served in the Marine Corps.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi
I am a new member and I joined because I live about 4 miles from a Butterfield station site and a Mormon Bn camp site near Casa Grande Ariz
I need help finding where the Stanwix station is.I have read 3 or 4 books and they list different locations and even different names
I am retired and served in the Marine Corps.

Rwdiii, welcome to TreasureNet and thank you for your service. I'm ex air force....

What kind of detector are you swinging?

rwdiii

Aug 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rwdiii, welcome to TreasureNet and thank you for your service. I'm ex air force....

What kind of detector are you swinging?

Don't treasure hunt anymore,but am interested in old western trails and old army forts.
Ian also interested in saving the old WW11 Patton camps of Ariz and Calif Desert

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a few days ago in the wrong spot I think. Just want to say hi and see what you all have to say. Looking foward to all the information.
I did have a welcome from a Moderator who was very nice with information on types if Machines I may need. Still learing on how to navagate this site
Butch

Ridehogz

Aug 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried it and I'm all about it.....fish a lot at local lakes/rivers and go to beach pretty regular-getting a kayak so I think I should have a detector of sorts.
I ride a motorcycle most of the time- a Go Find is on the list to pack up- shopping for the workhorse - Vaquero is on top of the list...today... changes daily :)
Peace.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread