Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

SousChefDiggins

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2015
Myrtle Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey there everyone, I'm a 30 year veteran in the kitchen, from Kentucky to Illinois, Maine to The Florida Keys and I can bring the flavor, but I'm a 50 year old newbie with a metal detector in Myrtle Beach SC! I've been looking for a new hobby that will keep me interested so after 2 months of watching edited videos online where the stuff seems to just jump out of the ground, I decided to go for it and see what I can do in real time. should be a good way to exert some energy and get some fresh air and a little exercise at the least and maybe find something to feed the monster and keep it going! if anyone is interested to hunt with an eager newb, on the beach or west of the waterway on the old school turf, gimme a holler.

Jack Doe

Aug 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey, mt name is Jack. I always been inerested in treasuers and as a child I wanted to be a pirate. I'm working as a silversmith, so I get to make my own treasures. But I always wanted to find real treasures.

mrscottursiny

Aug 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings from Ionia, Michigan! We run a very busy Wildlife Removal company between Grand Rapids and Lansing and love to go detecing any chance that we get! We hope to learn a lot on this site and to make some new friends and conections.

treasurewarrior

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this site, but certainly not new to metal detecting. i've made many trips to southern florida on both coasts for over the past 20 years or so, I have found hundreds of great finds from modern rings and gold from the 1715 fleet. I've never sold a thing and have an impressive collection. luckily I have never been chased off by laws on where to hunt but do stay off state parks. my best finds have been in the shallows. I feel like I'm pushing my luck at times because I read threads about not being able to hunt the shallows with my detectorpro headhunter, what's the official work on the shallows anyway

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't hunt in the water on the treasure coast. You can only hunt from the toe of the dunes to mean low tide line.

FlaFrogman

Sep 1, 2015
Brookings, OR
Detector(s) used
White's Coin Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm from Oregon and searching for Fenn's Treasure in Colorado. Having lots of trouble with my White Coin Pro, seems to find anything but metal, Had it for 4 years and biggest find was a section of a steel water gate wheel and a roller skate wheel. Trying to find Fenn's treasure and I cannot get it to detect just big objects. I lay items on the ground and it only beeps about every 4 or 5 passes. It would also have me strip mining because it goes off every 5 inches. Real pain in my but detector as far as I'm concerned. Anyhow I have a very good solve and would like to rent or borrow a good waterproof machine for a couple days to search in water. May be I just need somebody to show me how to use the lame Coin Pro to find the 42 pound box of gold. I am in the Salida, Colorado area.

goldmineJV

Sep 2, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I AM LOOKING FOR A GOLD MINING JV: WE HAVE $$

Thank you all for your warm welcome! I've been in the gold mining and processing business for about 5 years -- got our teeth kicked in several times by the charlatans out there... but in the process have found some good success over the past year... finally. If any of you know of any good ore bodies, concentrates, tailings, etc. whose owners might be interested in a JV partner who can bring capital, equipment and operations to the table, please let me know. Thank you!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am new here, and I live in Connecticut and I interesting in good locations to search for single coins in and around Stratford. Also, I enjoy reading true stories about buried treasures in my state. Please sent information to: [email protected]. Thanks

Last edited:

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Thinking about a detector. Our property once belonged to Southern Pacific and now is mostly 8 acres of pasture. Our house was built in 1940's. Not sure what was here before that. It was an old hermit type that lived here first then a cattle guy, then us. I wonder where the old family dump sight is? I recently started coin roll hunting. First just teller drawers and I think already searched random rolls. I found some FIDOS but On 2/13/15 I bought my first 500 box of halves. I found the pictured Franklin with about $60 left to go. It was exciting.

TKgal
Last edited by TKgal; Feb 15, 2015 at 12:09 PM.

Today is my birthday and my present did not arrive. My kids were so disappointed....... but they told me it is a METAL DETECTOR............I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!! I think it is a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. (I will take anything, it took me this long to get my hubby to consider this- I think since my little guys love watching Diggers so much - he caved:laughing7: )

Last edited:

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody. I'm from Albania and live in Italy. Almost one year using At Pro. A lot of stuff! Thousand of coins, bullets, glasses, rings! Soon i will share them with u.

westy

Greenie
Sep 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Anything having to do with the deserts, is interesting, fascinating and just out right beautiful for us.
I happened across this sight a VERY short while ago and figured I learn some things and just keep my eyes open more, while
trekking around the southwest and a few other parts
Yes, I'm the guy, on the trail, looking at rocks, bugs or plants, with a book open or trying to figure out how to figure my
lat and long out on my GPS.

lightchaser

Oct 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie here on the hobby. Got lots of questions related to signs, symbols and detectors. It would be best for me to review topics and threads of interest first. Thanks for the add.

looney05

Oct 9, 2015
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I am new to this site. Actually new to most things internet. I have been a treasure hunter of sorts since I was a child and liked all things shiny and new and sometimes old and unique. I am just looking for some new and exciting adventures to begin.

rjturn2015

Oct 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am rjturn2015 and am new today, Oct 11, 2015 and am looking forward to checking out the site. I have recently become a rock hound and my son found a fossil this week that appears to be a dino tooth. Not sure how to post yet but would like to post some shots of it for opinions on it.

demonrat71

Oct 13, 2015
Warrenton, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass Relic Magnum 7
Whites Classic SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newbie to detecting and to TN. I'm in Oregon on the north coast. Looking to find some fun with my Compass Relic Magnum 7 I just acquired. Thanks for all the info you guys have on here. I've been lurking for few weeks now.

EJPM

Oct 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New to TN

Hello to everyone, I'm live in W-Pa and have been getting dirt under my fingernails for 20yrs,I enjoy the relationship of research,metal detecting and being outside. And my collection of pull tabs is growing.------Goods finds to all-----

mudflapchick

Oct 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in northern, Louisiana (Ouachita Parish) a beginner to metal detecting purchased and new etrac so I am still learning.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I live in northern, Louisiana (Ouachita Parish) a beginner to metal detecting purchased and new etrac so I am still learning.

A beginner with an E-Trac, please be patient and do not get discouraged - just listen to the sounds, pay little attention to anything but the sounds. It's a tough beast to learn even to veterans of other detectors. Just remember you're using an extremely powerful beast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread