Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Jack Wilde

Mar 5, 2016
Duluth,MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, GP Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Friends!!

I'm a newbie from Duluth, MN. I was on vacation in Mexico recently, and while laying on the beach drinking a Mojito I saw a guys walking up and down the beach with a Metal Detector. I thought it looked like fun, so I started doing some research that lead me here. I have been browsing the forums and am loving the community. It seems like this could be a really fun hobby. The ground is pretty frozen in The Great White North, so I think I will be doing some Coin Roll Hunting and browsing thrift stores while I save up for a Detector and wait for that elusive season known as Spring. Blessings, and Happy Hunting to everyone!!!

JW

Eddieward

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2016
Minersville pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can the garrett at pro find gold pieces.? I don't seem to get a clear answer in that. Do head phones make it better to find better targets?
Hi silverplug88 yes the at pro finds gold it comes up the same as shotgun shells around the hi 50s low 60s I got lucky acouple weeks ago a small 10k ring I was digging all targets to do it. I probably scanned over it 100 times with my ace 350 but I never dug those signals now I know too

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eddieward

Tenderfoot
Feb 28, 2016
Minersville pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi silverplug88 yes the at pro finds gold it comes up the same as shotgun shells around the hi 50s low 60s I got lucky acouple weeks ago a small 10k ring I was digging all targets to do it. I probably scanned over it 100 times with my ace 350 but I never dug those signals now I know too

Also the headphones are nice I barley heard it as it was like 6in deep

OzarkCat

Greenie
Mar 9, 2016
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 Pro and Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello!! I live in Arkansas, I love this site and have been viewing as a guest for a long time. Lots of historical ground in this area unfortunately all the best places are on private land. Love metal detecting and rock hounding. I have some pictures of very old trees that have carvings and would love some opinions on the meaning of the carvings I also have several pictures of Trail Trees, many of the trail trees and all of the tree carvings are on the Trail of Tears.

digmesomestuff

Greenie
Oct 30, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi new friends,

I'm from the San Francisco area and have been metal detecting since last summer. I'm still working full time so don't get out as much as I'd like. Haven't found anything that old other than some wheats and a mercury dime. Lots of clad and some jewelry though. I'll keep trying to find that old silver. It's just good fun being outside and getting exercise.

I've been lurking for a while trying to absorb all the great knowledge here. I just bought the Deleon a month or so ago and am still learning it. Looks like I have to slow down, listen to the tones, and dig everything.

I used to dig outhouses in my late teens and found a lot of bottles. I'm also thinking of getting into that again too.

In any case, the community seems great. Thanks for having me.

Mar 11, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KernriverTerry here, thanks for letting me join. I live around the Bakersfield, CA. area. In search of gold on the Kern river for many years now. My advise is to look beyond the river bed and think of where the river use to be, higher up. it's worked for me so far. Someone on the site mentioned Hart Park in Kern county. lots of flour gold in that area, take your time, it's worth the wait. Flour gold still adds up. "May your pans have color in them my friends"

Last edited:

Beckorama

Mar 12, 2016
Portland, Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,...I am new to the site and to metal detecting. I have some questions, I am hoping someone might be willing to help with. I live in Portland, Oregon. I am going to make a purchase of a metal detector in the next few days. I want to hunt for coins and jewelry. I want a machine with a display and waterproof coils. Something easy to use for a beginner. Something that will be able to detect coins and jewelry well. I plan on using it in parks, at the coast, and around popular summer river spots. I am willing to spend up to $600. I was looking at the Garrett Ace 250, but keep getting mixed reviews. I want a display that I can read, not just tones to listen to. Any suggestions? I have been reading so much info lately that it seems like everyone has an opinion that contradicts other information I have read. Getting a little confused on what I should purchase. Can you guys help a girl out? What should I buy? Thanks guys :)

Hapitrls

Mar 15, 2016
Detector(s) used
Bounty
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from the mid Atlantic area. I've always had an interest in "rocks" archeology, paleontology, history etc. I Started looking ( call it lurking if you wish) at this sight over 3 years ago. I have been trying to educate myself after finding signs/ symbols literly in my backyard. (Yeap its true lol) Its a great feeling when there is a "ahhh haa" moment, when 2 +2=4. By the way I am NOT tech savvy , so I hope this goes through OK. Peace to all

Ashkill

Mar 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Guys, I am from Oklahoma. I am still looking at what metal detector to get. I am a history Teacher so I am excited about the history side to this.

Mar 16, 2016
Aiken SC
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings and salutations from the South. I am new to the site. I am from South Carolina. I am looking forward to learning what I can and sharing what I know (which is not much) Thanks in advance.

Stoneworx

Mar 15, 2016
Fredericksburg Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, im Shawn from Virginia. Im new to relic hunting and have enjoyed reading the fourms. Very informative. Happy hunting!

Rebellus

Mar 17, 2016
S.E. OKLAHOMA
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garret Detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Im new to the Forum. From S.E. Oklahoma and looking for folks with the same interests in treasure hunting and prospecting.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, Im new to the Forum. From S.E. Oklahoma and looking for folks with the same interests in treasure hunting and prospecting.
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
Hello, im Shawn from Virginia. Im new to relic hunting and have enjoyed reading the fourms. Very informative. Happy hunting!
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
Greetings and salutations from the South. I am new to the site. I am from South Carolina. I am looking forward to learning what I can and sharing what I know (which is not much) Thanks in advance.
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: South Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.
Hey Guys, I am from Oklahoma. I am still looking at what metal detector to get. I am a history Teacher so I am excited about the history side to this.
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

summerjoy

Greenie
Mar 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone! I'm happy to be here, and nice to meet you all! I live in Ontario, Canada. I am intrigued and fascinated by all your wonderful finds. Congratulations! This is such a wonderful hobby.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bruce R. Old member, new iPad. Can't figure out how to post on this new site.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanx for the welcome, haven't been out in awhile but I've been focusing on the Mt. Carmel plane crash , lots of stuff found, will post photos as soon as I figure out how to get them out of the folders in my iPad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread