Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

ShelleyB82

Tenderfoot
Mar 28, 2016
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm Shelley from Arkansas. When I was about 11 years old I asked for a metal detector and received a Radio Shack Micronta 4001 as a gift. Enjoyed it, but was just a kid and didn't know what I was doing.

Fast forward 33 years to this last week. While in the Florida panhandle I stumbled across a burned, rusted pocketknife in the gulf (fortunately with my shell scooper and not my feet).

Suddenly I find myself filled with child-like excitement. After joining and reviewing this site in the last 24 hours, I've ordered a Fisher F2 as a sort of beginner detector. Tonight I pulled out my 30+ year Micronta and tested it out in the backyard. Found a metal piece of some sort within 5 minutes.

Excited to be here and looking forward to a lot of fun and interesting things as I begin this hobby! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459300143.423995.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1459300208.143568.jpg

spiritwonders

Mar 28, 2016
NE Wis. 15 minutes from Michigan border
Detector(s) used
fisher CZ5, Fisher gold bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,
I,m new to detecting and really love it! Mostly digging up my yard but it is still fun. I,m finally going to head out of the yard to give it a try. I,m in NW wis 15 minutes from Michigan border. This is an awesome site, full of information. Thanks for all the hard work.

Happy hunting
Mel

BobOcala

Mar 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I've recently retired living in Ocala, FL and now have the time to pursue interests time previously wouldn't allow. I've always been in awe of the past. Not so much from a textbook historical viewpoint than with actually touching and feeling the past. Finding and holding something in my hands that had been long forgotten, lost, or hidden 50, 100 or 200 years and longer! An artifact that was once used or worn by a living and breathing soul before there were airplanes, autos and electricity. When I went to France I visited Notre Dame and placed my hand on one of the cornerstones of the church that was laid by someone in the 13th Century. My hand touched the same thing a human hand had touched over 800 years ago. It really fascinates me.

I bought a Garrett Ace 250 yesterday and have begun training in my backyard using coins in a sand bed.

Last edited:

Aimrolyat

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2016
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could use some help.

I am a newbie and just purchased a 9 function metal detector, it signals and I dig and find nothing??? What am I doing wrong?

Istanislao

Apr 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am istanislao and im a newbie...very much interested of treasure stories heehehhee

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am istanislao and im a newbie...very much interested of treasure stories heehehhee
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Jun 24, 2015
Lincolnshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
C-Scope CS2MX
Home made Magnum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Fellow members,

I am relatively New to these Forums at TreasureNet, but have already found some Excellent Modifications and valuable advise!

I have a Garrett ACE250 (With the GEB Mod.) My hobby over the last 30 Years is designing & making a wide variety of Electronic designs. (If any Members require any of my Circuits, I will gladly supply "Free" Just quote what Circuits/Projects you are looking for!)

I used to go Metal Detecting many Years ago and having recently conducted a very brief search on an Old footpath next to a main trading route, have found 2 x Trading Lead weights. My last Detector never picked these up! I am Convinced I will find Coins Etc. as there is still about 1.5 Miles to Check! (Mostly Un-Detected properly!)

I find TreasureNet to be an excellent site, full of brilliant advice and having been given guidance on some modifications, Intend to help others with any Questions they may have. (I have built the Magnum metal detector in 1987!)

Kind regards & Best wishes,

Steve (Lincolnshire Imperial)

ring-in-the-scoop

Apr 5, 2016
Sunrise, Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Whites Surf P.I.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Greetings from South Florida. It's safe to say that I have the Treasure Hunters Bug. I can't find enough time in a day to pack the euphoric excitement from hitting the beaches. I look forward to reading, learning and passing on helpful info...oh yes and pics of my finds. Happy Hunting.

Jun 24, 2015
Lincolnshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
C-Scope CS2MX
Home made Magnum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear VPnavy,

Thank`s for the welcome, I love the USA and "very thing" about your Country! As your the first person to send me a message, I would like to tell you a bit about myself! My Name is: Stephen Spencer, I live in a small Town called, Sleaford, Lincolnshire here in the U.K. I work as a Night Porter ("Bell-Boy") am 50 Years old and live at Home! My hobbies mainly include: Cycling/Electronics/working & of course Metal detecting! I have only just started Detecting again, but have some good sites to "Investigate" and as yet only found some Lead tradesmen Weights! (I, am going to Detect the "Full-Stretch" now I have Modified my Garrett ACE250 for Ground Balancing! I built my own GEB/I.B. Detector in 1987 and then used a Cscope CSM2X, before giving up on the Hobby! Now being 50, I like the Idea of Finding things and getting some "Exercise" (Double-Whammy)

If you have any "Spare" time, I would be very interested in hearing a bit more about yourself, and hopefully keep in contact. My email address is: [email protected]

Kind regards and Best wishes,

Steve

Thumpic

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2016
The Sunny South
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! Parker in Memphis here.....returning to detecting after laying it down in the 80s. Is there an active club in the Memphis area?

sgtled3533

Apr 12, 2016
Fresno, Ca
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher gold bug pro/DP, fisher gold bug 2, Garrett ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all! Glad to be a new member of T-Net. I've been reading thing on this site for quite a while but just finally decided to create a profile! I'm an avid gold prospector....have been mainly metal detecting lately. Got my hands on a fisher gold bug 2 and I love it!! Outstanding machine!! I live in Fresno Cali, but I try to hunt up in gold country as much as possible. Mariposa is about an hour and 15 minutes from my house so it's not too bad of a drive for a day of digging and swinging a detector around. I actually played hooky today and went up to Briceburg outside of mariposa and midpines. Have been wanting to check out the area for a while now. High water on the Merced river. Did some sample pans and found some small color but nothing too crazy. Nothing today with the gold bug. If anyone else likes this area and needs a partner for a weekend dig, shoot me a message! I have been doing this on and off a couple years, but the last few months I've been go go go! I got that terrible (amazing) fever!! Good luck all and glad to be a part of your community finally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions