On an Off prospector from Oklahoma

txplowgirl

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hidy everyone,
Just found this site. Looks interesting.
Been prospecting on and off for the last 10 years. Kind of hard to do driving a big truck like I do but I carry my pan and a 5 gallon bucket on the truck and if I find an interesting spot and if I have time I do a little panning and I bring my concentrates home to pan out. I also belong to the GPAA.

All together I have gotten a good couple of ounces in that time. Not bad for I think for just stopping off the side of the road where I can find a place to park. I love stopping in Idaho Springs Co. I think that's my favorite place.

Took a 2 week vacation last year and went up to Durango and on up to Silverton Co and did a little panning on the Animas River. Found about a little less than a quarter of an ounce. Spent way more than that on gas.

Anyway, here I am and lookin to learn more from the seasoned pros.

And yes, I get this question alot. Lol. Why am I called txplowgirl when I live in Ok? I was raised in Tx but moved up here to Ok to help my mom out a few years ago. :)

Last edited:

Dougshause1

Feb 20, 2012
Virginia Beach,VA.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000,Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Tnet Txplowgirl. At the top of the page click on forum then scroll down to the Gold prospecting forums. You may find them interesting and right up your alley. GL and HH....

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
txplowgirl

PG16996 (2).jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there and welcome. Glad you found some hot spots here in CO! We love seeing pics of gold, show us yours :)

poftravel

Apr 4, 2012
Coppell, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett TA300, GTAx-1250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome!!!!! I am a Real Texan just 6 miles south of the border from OK!!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions