Apr 14, 2012
Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just joined the forum. I've been detecting for a couple years or so now. Started with a Bounty Hunter 505 and just upgraded to a Garrett AT Pro. My first love was arrowhead hunting, but I've always been interested in anything of historical significance. I guess I inherited a pack rat gene from my family! At any rate, I enjoy collecting or studying all kinds of things.
I've found all kinds of coins over the past couple years. My best day was over 60 quarters in less than three hours. All clads, but they still spend! I've only managed a few silvers and quite a bit of odds and ends. One of my most cherished finds is the base of a 90 mm artillery shell, found on what used to be my Grandpa's farm. It was brought home after the Korean war by my Dad (who passed-away in September of 2010). My Mom said he had a few & he & his brothers used to use them as ash trays. I'll post some pics later. I just bought the Garrett AT Pro and am very impressed! The Pioneer 505 has been a really impressive detector and I would have no problem recommending it to anyone, especially beginners or those who want something easy to use.
Anyway, I've been really enjoying reading the posts and viewing the pictures. Interesting finds! I look forward to getting to know you all better!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Digs68