Greetings from Minnesota

May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the world of metal detecting and would like to introduce myself. My name is Jacob and I am from Minnesota. I just got my metal detector today after dreaming of the hobby for quite sometime. I actually went on my first hunt tonight with my fiancee, needless to say it didn't go as awesome as it did in my head, but I did find a few clad and some junk. Hoping to improve my skills somehow. :)

I did research and I stumbled on this site, hoping to find some more metal detecting junkies that live in Minnesota to give me a few tips of the trade! Hopefully I can become a better member of this site and post some good finds. ;)

OP
OP
T
May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! :)
Minnesota is being kind this year, so I am hoping for some good hunting. ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
Jacob

treasureman (2).jpg

OP
OP
T
May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys :D
Right now I am having a hard time finding a place to even hunt in my area. I'm in the savage - burnsville area of Minnesota and I can't seem to find any suitable locations. :/ Any suggestions from fellow Minnesota hunters?

Caseman91291

Feb 3, 2013
Faribault County, Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey there! Welcome. I am also from Minnesota and I am fairly new to the site but my advice is probably still valid. :laughing7: I don't know you local laws but parks, swimming holes, river banks, and even your neighbors yard (with their permission of course) are all good places to start. Always ask permission and don't be discouraged if you get some people who say no. That's part of the game. Use old maps and research. Sometimes the research is just as fun as the hunt! Good luck out there bud!

BertC

Dec 25, 2013
Hi guys! I'm from Apple Valley and grew up in Burnsville since the late 70s. I remember when county road 42 was nothing more than a single two lane DIRT road. Times have changed.
I will be going to pick spots this spring and am seeking some partners to chat with and search. Any of you guys remember the old billy goat bridge?

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to the forum.
I'm from the Rochester area.

NoBootyYet

Dec 3, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Birmingham Alabama, I wish you happy and safe hunting. Feel free to share tricks and tips. We look forward to seeing your cool finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread