Another Noob, lol

Bignbadun

Greenie
May 13, 2012
Pitt County, NC
Detector(s) used
I have a Scheiber MIMID, which is a surplus military mine detecting unit.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just signed up for the site yesterday. I am a 51 year old police officer in a small town near Greenville, NC, who will be retiring in 4 years (Hallelujah!). I lived in Eastern Kentucky for a few years back in the early 80's and through some friends up there got involved in looking for American Indian and early American artifacts. I wound up moving back home to Greenville NC, got married, and pretty much forgot about the hobby. Well, what with getting close to retirement, i wanted to find something to do with my time, after the honey-do list of course, and remembered how much fun I had hunting artifacts and relics up in Kentucky. I started doing some reading (lots of reading) and began to realize what a rich heritage and history was all around me. I have a lot of learning to do, so I'm up for anyone in my area who needs a partner to give me a call. I've always mostly looked for Native American artifacts, but am up for anything to do with history. I do have a metal detector, so that's no problem. Looking forward to meeting some new people! I also have a 12 year old son who is interested also. I want to make sure he learns the right way to hunt, so any help for both of us is appreciated.

Last edited:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif