Newbie says Hi! to all

Dean1219

May 14, 2012
15 miles due east of St Louis, in Illinois
Detector(s) used
None at the moment. Still waiting for price of CTX3030. I used a White's CoinMaster back in the 80's. Found lots of coins and one gold ring.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone,
We're living 15 miles east of downtown St Louis. I did some hunting back in the 80's, in the five years before retiring from the air force at Scott AFB. I sold my White's Coinmaster just before moving
to Seoul Korea to teach english. I did find a lot of coins with that device, mostly in public parks. I did find one gold ring that I was able to return to the grateful owner. Anyway, now, 25 years later, I got
the bug again. Just as I was about to buy an E-Trac I found out about the CTX3030. So, now I am waiting to find out the price. I called Kellyco yesterday but the lady said they hadn't received the price
details yet. She did say that maybe they would know on the 17th, just three days hence. I know the CTX has more bells and whistles than I need but I like the enhanced detection electronics and the fact
that it is firmware upgradable. Also that it is waterproof to 3 meters. The scuttlebutt I have seen on the web says it'll be around $2500 which seems a bit high. I can see $2000 but that extra $500
seems too much a premium. Anyway, I will know in a few days, maybe, what the retail price will be, and then decide. I wish Minelab would just make an E-trac II with the same detection electronics
as the CTX3030 but without the other stuff I really don't need. Oh, and make it also waterproof.
Anyway, I am talking too much. I know I will learn a lot from this site. I enjoy the friendly banter I have seen in the other threads.
Peace to all, Dean

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread