Hello from Eastern Long Island NY

vtgoldprospector

Jun 27, 2012
Eastern Long Island
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, my hands and a pan!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As everyone is in need of a hobby I just started a new one. I used to do a bit of mding but I had to stop. I got to good at finding junk and figured I would leave some for the next person, only fair. Now I am into gold prospecting with a focus on Vermont. I do some panning but my real interest is in the research, samples, testing and recording into a compilation. Besides cataloging the areas I visit I enjoy finding rock samples that seem unique to that area of Vermont. I find it interesting how the geology can change so much over just a few miles. Since I started this "obsession" as the kids call it I have managed to pick up a wide range of related knowledge which is beginning to show in my success. I have observed many people speaking poorly of VT gold and I hope I will be able to help soon. I am not sure yet where people are going wrong but I have a feeling it is a simple matter of real estate. Not just which river and what area of it but recognizing exactly what dirt to run. I may not be a pro (yet) but I know if fly poop size gold is mostly what people find then a new strategy is needed. This sort of challenge is something I deeply enjoy, almost as much as spending the day in the river. Currently all my research is being integrated into Google Earth. I find it to be the most capable program. If anyone is interested in a collaboration I would love to discuss it with you.

Here are a few photos of my recent adventures,,,

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

Corey

OP
OP
V

vtgoldprospector

Jun 27, 2012
Eastern Long Island
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, my hands and a pan!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
leslie(nova scotia) said:
From the land of the Bluenose.....welcome aboard and I'm sure you will feel at home me bouy!

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. It is much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread