Hello from TN

hillbillygal

Greenie
Jul 12, 2012
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a beginner from TN. I've always been interested in treasure hunting type things but have just decided to pursue it. I am waiting for the battery boxes to repair my vintage Coinstar metal detector I picked up at a yard sale last week and am browsing for others just in case the coinstar does not revive after adding batteries. I'm only $1 invested so far so no harm! I will definitely be getting a detector if it doesn't work. My husband did some major renovating to our front yard early this year and the only metal detector we had to use was a kids version we bummed just for fun. We did find a Mercury dime so it was worth playing in the mud a while.

I'm interested in learning about all forms of treasure hunting and look forward to discovering lots of new interests!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:
Great to have you. Lots of fun. Just gotta find some good places to hunt and get after it. When I first started ( long ago ) I was lucky enough to get hooked up with an experienced hunter. I liteally just saw him hunting an old home one day and stopped. I already had a used metal detector and learned more about the tricks of the trade from him in a day or two than I was able to pick up myself in a couple of months. Didn't have internet back then so just reading here will be huge head-start but getting with a veteren will help alot. Also remember the that a descent detector makes a HUGE difference. Doesn't have to be new or expensive. Just give a shout or PM if I can help.

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from MA.good luck with your new addiction.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
H

hillbillygal

Greenie
Jul 12, 2012
TN
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome! I had never even thought about CWR's before today and I'm anxious to give that a try too!

nov2101

Jul 6, 2012
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot.
Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17"
2@Vibebra pin point probes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck from Ct. TN is a great state and people are nice and friendly.... Been to Knoxville a couple times in my travels...

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! What part of Tennessee are you from?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Visited your state a couple of times. It is gorgeous. Yeah, I loved Memphis, Nashville and Bristol, but especially enjoyed the drive across it. Looked like a plush golf course. Being from the Alamo city, I had to visit Davy Crockett's birthplace. Also loved Andrew Jackson's home. Don't get upset, but wish you were single so I could use the line one of my student's used on a girl, "you must be from Tennessee cause you're the only 10 I see". There, I finally got to use it. Good hunting with your hubby. Hope you find a lot of treasure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions