Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jul 2012
    TN
    5 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Hello from TN

I'm a beginner from TN. I've always been interested in treasure hunting type things but have just decided to pursue it. I am waiting for the battery boxes to repair my vintage Coinstar metal detector I picked up at a yard sale last week and am browsing for others just in case the coinstar does not revive after adding batteries. I'm only $1 invested so far so no harm! I will definitely be getting a detector if it doesn't work. My husband did some major renovating to our front yard early this year and the only metal detector we had to use was a kids version we bummed just for fun. We did find a Mercury dime so it was worth playing in the mud a while.

I'm interested in learning about all forms of treasure hunting and look forward to discovering lots of new interests!

us
    May 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Bounty Hunter
    29 times
    welcome aboard! Be careful though, it gets addicting!

us
    Jun 2012
    Evensville, Tennessee
    Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
    1051 times

Great to have you. Lots of fun. Just gotta find some good places to hunt and get after it. When I first started ( long ago ) I was lucky enough to get hooked up with an experienced hunter. I liteally just saw him hunting an old home one day and stopped. I already had a used metal detector and learned more about the tricks of the trade from him in a day or two than I was able to pick up myself in a couple of months. Didn't have internet back then so just reading here will be huge head-start but getting with a veteren will help alot. Also remember the that a descent detector makes a HUGE difference. Doesn't have to be new or expensive. Just give a shout or PM if I can help.

us
    Feb 2012
    CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
    567 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome to Tnet from MA.good luck with your new addiction.

us
    Jul 2012
    TN
    5 times
    Thank you all for the warm welcome! I had never even thought about CWR's before today and I'm anxious to give that a try too!

us
    nov2101

Jul 2012
    Ct
    Whites Spectra V3i with 2x3" eclipse, 6" DD,12" DD & 12"Hot shot. Minelab CTX 3030 with 6" DD. 11"& 17" 2@Vibebra pin point probes
    67 times
    Good luck from Ct. TN is a great state and people are nice and friendly.... Been to Knoxville a couple times in my travels...

us
    Mar 2012
    N. Middle Tennessee
    Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
    220 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome! What part of Tennessee are you from?

us
    May 2012
    Kingsport, TN
    47 times
    East tennessian here! Kingsport!

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2006
    SE Louisiana
    Garrett AT Pro & Ace 250
    1350 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	657176

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    1173 times
    Research and occasional field work
    Visited your state a couple of times. It is gorgeous. Yeah, I loved Memphis, Nashville and Bristol, but especially enjoyed the drive across it. Looked like a plush golf course. Being from the Alamo city, I had to visit Davy Crockett's birthplace. Also loved Andrew Jackson's home. Don't get upset, but wish you were single so I could use the line one of my student's used on a girl, "you must be from Tennessee cause you're the only 10 I see". There, I finally got to use it. Good hunting with your hubby. Hope you find a lot of treasure.

Sponsors