TonyFoundIt

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2012
Shelbyville, KY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greetings from The Bluegrass State, home of the 8-time NCAA Men's Basketball National Champions!

In less than 5 minutes my next door neighbor, PatFoundIt, accomplished:
A) Re-kindling an interest in metal detecting that I haven't had in over 10 years &
B) Turning me on to this forum.

I've been visiting the forums for a couple of weeks and have enjoyed seeing your finds & the willingness of most to help others ID finds and give tips on different equipment, techniques, etc.. I finally decided to get registered so I can reply to posts & hopefully, post some pix of things I find.

My weapon of choice as of now is a 13 year old Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker that I bought on eBay for $99.00. I am planning to get a new detector, hopefully by this fall when cooler weather arrives. I've had it out a few times & have tried different settings, tested coins, wedding band & other metals, but it all sounds the same especially on high tones. Hard to discriminate between trash & possible coins. End up digging everything!

Anyway, that's pretty much about it. I'm looking forward to some rain to soften this ground up & cooler weather to get out and dig up some foil and other trash so I can help clean up the Earth! Maybe I'll get lucky and find a couple of wheaties along the way!

tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi and welcome! Look forward to seeing your finds.

buck57

Greenie
Jul 16, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from mid Missouri. That's what you have to do at first, dig everything you hear until you get use to your machine. We're needing the wet stuff over here real bad. Gave up on using a shovel. I bought this rambo looking knife from Wal-Mart garden center and seams to work pretty good in (Concrete). Good hunting to ya, Eric

OP
OP
T

TonyFoundIt

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2012
Shelbyville, KY
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol! That's not a bad idea! Might help get into the rock hard soil!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread