Hello from Kentucky

LadyClaire

Jul 14, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello, all...I'm a new member from Kentucky. I am a rock hound, lucky enough to live in a geode and fossil rich state, so I have a huge collection of the things I've found over the years. My husband just sighs and shakes his head when I come home with yet another bucket full of rocks.

I also have a love of artifacts and antiques, but rock hunting is my main hobby. I look forwar do participating in the forum and seeing what everyone finds!

buck57

Greenie
Jul 16, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/ Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from mid Missouri.
Grew up in Va where my dad own property up in the mountains. Every time a tree blew over, I used to get right in there to find them rocks which had the sea shells inprints in them. Pretty cool. But I swing a metal detector now. Happy hunting to ya LadyClaire.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome53 (3).jpg

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You are so lucky to have geodes to hunt. We have a deposit of calcite geodes 30 miles north of San Antonio. Unattractive and worthless. Otherwise it is about 400 miles out to West Texas and the mexican border where in searching you get to dodge, severe heat, rattlesnakes and mexican drug runners.

spanklefish

Jul 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of Kentucky? I am in Kentucky too. I love Geodes too, but the best ones I have found were in Indiana. I have three curio cabinets full off Geodes and fossils, and a very patient man too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread