Jul 18, 2012
Kansas City Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro
Brooke has a Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to site from Jesse James and the Younger stomping grounds

Hello everyone, since getting severely injured on the Police Department last year I needed a new hobby to take my mind of my disabling injury to my dominant hand. A couple of months ago I was up at my dads house and seen his old whites coinmaster classic 1 hanging on the wall. I thought to myself hey that would be a good thing to keep my mind off things while waiting for my third surgery. I had a little dilemma though. It is kinda hard to dig with one hand so that's when I asked my daughter if she would help me out with digging some holes when we go down to Stockton Missouri in a couple of days. Well we went to Stockton Lake and found a place we were able to hunt. We found a spot at an old house rock foundation which was on one of the corners of the foundation. This spot must of been where they buried a lot of their trash because we found a huge horse shoe and from the looks of it it goes on a clydesdale horse. We also found an old brass button which had a train on and had the words The Train on it. Well this got both of us hooked big time!

Now 1 month later after doing a little research my daughter and I started hunting some ground in Clay County Missouri that was once owned by some famous Youngers back in the 1800's. Today we found 2 bullets, 1 acme 10 gauge brass, 2 buckles and some old nails. We found these in a area where there is absolutely no trash. We have only hunted maybe 1% of this property. This property was also owned by one of the members of the Quantraills Raiders. Hopefully my daughter and I can find something of significance so we can share our finds with everyone.

My daughter is 11 years old and she is hooked on this. She is not your typical girl though. She plays tackle football for Liberty Missouri Pop Warner and has played for the past 3 years and she loves everything that has to do with the outdoors.

Anyways here is what we found today. One of the bullets which is the longer one was found in the woods. I think it is a modern caliber but the one that is white corroded is rounded flat which makes me think it was balled ammo.

Hopefully soon we will be able to afford to get us a better metal detector so we can find even bigger and better finds.

Also I want to thank White's Metal Detectors for sending me a new switch for my Dad's metal detector for free of charge. I was really worried a couple of weeks ago when the switch on my Dad's whites coinmaster classic 1 was mysteriously broken. This detector has hardly ever been used. I didn't know how much it was going to cost and didn't have any room in our budget to get it repaired. I called White's and they took my name, address and phone number and told me they would check on the part and if they were going to charge for it they would call me back and tell me how much it was going to be. Well 2 days later I got an unexpected package in the mail. It was a new switch along with the manual for the metal detector I was using. I was very surprised and grateful that they would do this. Now my daughter and I are able to something that we both enjoy doing together. THANK YOU again White's. As soon as I am able to get a new detector I will be coming your way to make the purchase!

Double L

Attachments

• IMG_20120803_011408.jpg
    IMG_20120803_011408.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread