Hello! New from Southwest PA, Fayette County, Uniontown, Jamison

Snowchik013

Tenderfoot
Sep 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
My fiance and I are from Uniontown, PA. We are new to this. I have always wanted a metal detector since I was little and used to pick out my Christmas gifts from the SEARS Wishbook. Needless to say, my parents never thought it was appropriate for a little girl. So this year for my birthday, my fiance finally bought me one for my birthday and hid some jewelry in the yard for me. He is the sweetest!

We are both excited to get started... We are geocachers, but this kicks it up another notch. We live in a very historical area and have a Yahama Rhino to get into the areas that are less traveled. We would be interested in meeting up with people who can show us a little how to work this metal detector. As far as I have read, it appears that is going to be most of our battle in finding anything. In the yard what we thought was possibly a musket and a coin, my 90 year old grandfather told us that it was a bearing and a washer, lol.

We live on/near 100 Acres, that once was a coal/coke mine. The DER or DEP (???) did a 4 million dollar project to clean it up a few years back. There was a 100 ft mine shaft that I used to play near that we didn't know was there. The guy that owned the house beside us ran a metal fabricating shop. ( Fred Scango of Fayette Equipment in case anyone has heard of it.) The mines are in Jamison. The patch houses are still here but many families have bought and renovated them into single family homes. I have heard that my area used to be the old Nutt Farm, (ha ha) which may explain a lot. I would definitely appreciate any information that anyone my have about the mine, the farm, or the equipment shop.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet & Good Luck !
should be someone here who can help

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck and keep us informed on your finds.

johncoffer

Jul 29, 2015
Star Junction Pa.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help

Hello all,
My fiance and I are from Uniontown, PA. We are new to this. I have always wanted a metal detector since I was little and used to pick out my Christmas gifts from the SEARS Wishbook. Needless to say, my parents never thought it was appropriate for a little girl. So this year for my birthday, my fiance finally bought me one for my birthday and hid some jewelry in the yard for me. He is the sweetest!

We are both excited to get started... We are geocachers, but this kicks it up another notch. We live in a very historical area and have a Yahama Rhino to get into the areas that are less traveled. We would be interested in meeting up with people who can show us a little how to work this metal detector. As far as I have read, it appears that is going to be most of our battle in finding anything. In the yard what we thought was possibly a musket and a coin, my 90 year old grandfather told us that it was a bearing and a washer, lol.

We live on/near 100 Acres, that once was a coal/coke mine. The DER or DEP (???) did a 4 million dollar project to clean it up a few years back. There was a 100 ft mine shaft that I used to play near that we didn't know was there. The guy that owned the house beside us ran a metal fabricating shop. ( Fred Scango of Fayette Equipment in case anyone has heard of it.) The mines are in Jamison. The patch houses are still here but many families have bought and renovated them into single family homes. I have heard that my area used to be the old Nutt Farm, (ha ha) which may explain a lot. I would definitely appreciate any information that anyone my have about the mine, the farm, or the equipment shop.

I live in Star Junction Pa need help with this Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. New to this and haven't found anything interesting. email [email protected]

XLTer

Sep 26, 2012
Western Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet . If your travels ever bring you north of Pittsburgh , shoot me a Private Message and I'll help you in any way I can . Fist advice , ALWAYS acquire permission on any property you search and NEVER on National property . Example , Allegheny National Forest.

Best of luck to you and HH .

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A warm wel-come to you both ... :blob8:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard from another resident of the great state of PA! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Pennsylvania for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to PA.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Good Luck this year!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions