Finders Keepers?

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be difficult to find the owner anyways unless its inscribed but they way I see, Finders keeps just like you said. Maybe buy you a new MD with the money you got from the sale.

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on how you feel about good versus bad karma.

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put an add up on Craigslist for my rings. If they respond and can ID the ring they can have it back. Still waiting for someone to respond.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gimli said:
Hello!
I am brand new to this hobby. In fact, I have ordered, but not yet rec'd my MD...I have never done this!
My question is...A person finds a ring. Somebody obviously Lost that Ring. Should I try to find the owner?

Me personally, if there's a name in the ring I would definitely look the person up, possibly try to find them. you never know sometimes the reward could be better than the find!
especially if it looks like some sort of an engagement ring or wedding ring or even a high school/college ring. Those type of things are pretty important to people. More important than you making a few dollars in your pocket. Just my opinion
I metal detect to see what I can find its treasure hunting. Not a job. it's not necessarily out there making money but rather see what I can find. :D
-roy.

Sent via: iPhone 4gS "keep on swingin'!"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
easiest rings to trace are men's class rings
from the 60's up. there were more small schools in the 50's & earlier & records
are almost impossible to find if they didn't have year books.

and Women's class rings if they are still in school.

simply because allot of women get married and change their name,
meaning extra investigation is needed, to locate them.
Jill Smith may have married John doe after high school,
divorced, moved to Jabip & married Elvis Collins.
John doe will still be John doe unless he leagilly changed his name to Booper Costello
for his rock star carreer
you get the point.

Of course you should try to trace class rings, & Help people who lost jewelry.
they not only bring cash awards on occasion, they also bring Leads & good Word

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello!
I am brand new to this hobby. In fact, I have ordered, but not yet rec'd my MD...I have never done this!
My question is...A person finds a ring. Somebody obviously Lost that Ring. Should I try to find the owner?

Welcome from White Plains, New York! When I find a ring, I immediately look for a mark to see if it is precious metal. If I find an inscription - like initials and a date, then yes I will try and return it. If I do not, then it goes into my "New Toys & Travel" fund. Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread