Howdy from TX.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im a relic hunter primarily.
I live for the research just as much as swinging the detector... And one makes the other very productive and interesting!

I focus on the 1720-1950 era of Texas, especially the Hill Country region.

Please let me know if anyone needs maps, references, etc. as i have a HUGE research library of "all things TX".

Hope to see more frequent TX topics and TX folks on here, The friendly metal detecting forum is pretty darn sparse and lacks that, and In my opinion I see a lot of what I think is favoritism... The same guys with a zillion replies and responses, and even more newbies with hardly any feedback, info etc....

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from New Hampshire! There's a great group of people here on TNet.

HH,
Anita

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well howdy right back at you Tejass, I'm in the wild horse desert in La Salle county.

Homar

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
coazon de oro said:
Well howdy right back at you Tejass, I'm in the wild horse desert in La Salle county.

Homar

Nice! What kinda hunting do ya get yourself into over that way? Gold, relics,etc????

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Hey from around the Dallas Ft. Worth area....there is a great group of folks on here..check out the member hunts section, there is a really great hunt coming up in Kansas next month....if you get the chance try and make it...CTH5...check out the thread!
Baggins

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! What kinda hunting do ya get yourself into over that way? Gold, relics,etc????

Shade mostly!8-)

I do have a small collection of points that keeps getting smaller as the kids keep asking for a few at a time. Anything else of value is also on my list.

Homar

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
garrett,groundhog,ads7x whites xlt-e
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well hart of gold beat me to it so i guess i will just say welcome.i have two new detectors on the way. i drive around 1000 to 1200 miles every week in the hill countryand i am always on the look out for a new place to hunt.i always like to share info with others hunters and i just may need some help with some of your research. i love all kinds of hunting but get a big kick out of hand forged ranch and farm relics

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hey Zuludon,

whereabouts (counties) in the Hill Country are ya puttin on all the miles?

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry for the late reply i get back home around 950 to 10 pm i start my day in hays,caldwell, travis,williamson,bell co. one year ago i stoped doing burnet,lampass and san saba.it sure made my day much easier and i do this 5 days a week

Last edited:

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hay tajaas have you ever found anything that you think that might have been lost or hidden from the runaway scrape.early hillcountry settlers fleeing santa annas advance on san antonio?

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Zuludon,

As i take TX history rather (too)seriously -
i find that to be a kinda loaded/double edged question....

Lemme try to explain where I'm comin from.

I've seen/ found wagon ruts/ trail depressions in some known route locations that most certainly were- If not created during, at least utilized during the runaway scrape, sure...

But as far as items dropped/lost/etc go...
Remember, the runaway scrape was a large number of people fleeing Mexican forces in a relatively short time.... Therefore an old flat button(or any other item) dropped along the route could have been dropped by citizen fleeing the Mexican tyrants, or could have been dropped a day/week/year/etc earlier or later by a freight wagonmaster who stopped to take a leak! Haha!

Please don't take offense... I do not mean to belittle or "talk down". There is just TONS of misconceptions about TX history.

To answer your question bluntly, yes.
I believe I have recovered a few artifacts directly related to the Runaway Scrape.....

Among the most common - iron hardware and MULE SHOES.

zuludon

Aug 28, 2012
central texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tajaas no offense taken. i took you at your word that you are a expert on texas history and your replyn confirms this for me . and i under stand that TEXANS feel it is their duty to improve a story , in print or by word... lol they get better with every telling. i have herd repors of ranch hands finding things many years later that they belived where from this time.but their is no way to know. by the way good work on your finds

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
zuludon said:
Tajaas no offense taken. i took you at your word that you are a expert on texas history and your replyn confirms this for me . and i under stand that TEXANS feel it is their duty to improve a story , in print or by word... lol they get better with every telling. i have herd repors of ranch hands finding things many years later that they belived where from this time.but their is no way to know. by the way good work on your finds

Haha, an AMATEUR expert!
No college degree or history major here....

Just love reading the books and studying the maps!

Thanks for "good work"
I'm needing more of the good LUCK.... I'm newer to the metal detecting thing.... Figured it would be another tool that may help in my history obsession.

We will see! Haha!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. Finally, a true statement from a Tejano: 'There is just TONS of misconceptions about TX history.' jajaja, claro que si! Just jokin with you, post some pics of your hill country finds if you can.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RGINN said:
Welcome to Tnet. Finally, a true statement from a Tejano: 'There is just TONS of misconceptions about TX history.' jajaja, claro que si! Just jokin with you, post some pics of your hill country finds if you can.

Haha... Been slowly trying to get the hang of how the forum works and weeding thru my computer hard drive.... As soon as I get both down pretty good I'll load up some pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions