HELLO FROM MIAMI FL i NEED HELP IDENTIFYING MY ARTIFACT

Sep 24, 2012
miami
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello I just joined the site today and hope to meet you guys soon. whatever brought me to this site is to try to identify some of my antiques and relics. my name is ben combs I am a antique collector and I got a nice pendant a few years back and I have emailed numerous people to help identify it but no luck yet. It is a water spider emblem which the ones I have seen were made of shell and white with very similar design And hey were made and wore by the Cherokee. I have recenty seen online today that there is moundbuilders And other indians who would make pendants and things out of tempered shell and Pieces of clam shells. its 2 1/2 inches wide and On the front its red and black and On the back its solid black with little holes. It looks it has been fired also there is dirt on it like it was dug up from the ground. I Have not seen any copy or even reproduction even anything like this. I have been researching for Days and Days From museum websites to pictures I seen onlne. I hope you can help me identify this mystery and It may be a new Historical find ty for your time hope to hear from u soon. I have atached 6 pictures

Attachments

• 0005.JPG
    0005.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 0004.JPG
    0004.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 0003.JPG
    0003.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 104
  • 0002.JPG
    0002.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 0001.JPG
    0001.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to have you aboard Ben from one fellow S. Floridian to another. I'm sure we can get your piece id'd. There are some very knowledgeable people on this site. Your photos didn't post unfortunately. You may want to post them here- American Indian Artifacts or even here- What Is It?

If you need help posting your photos you can send me a "pm" (private message) here- http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=466 and i'll give you my email where you can send them and i'll post them for you. The easiest way is (right above the message space) to click the little box with the tree in it (insert image) next to the globe with the red x, then from your computer choose the file/s and add accordingly. I think your gonna like this place. You ever get to any of the estate sales around the area on the weekends? What do you collect? anything specific? There are many different forums on this site in a wide range of topics. Looking forward to your pics/posts.

OP
OP
themanwhogetsthings711
Sep 24, 2012
miami
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey ty I have added the photos now and ty for the information I hope you like what you see I have been trying to find any info about this artifact. the guy I got this from purchased it from a farmer who dug it up on his land I have stumped every person who has seen the pics and they have not seen one like this before. I collect just about anything old but I deal with weapons from axes to maces or knives,swords spears, any type of weapons is my specialty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread