New here from Putnam County West West Virginia

wreckwriter

Oct 13, 2012
Putnam County, WV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys,

just signed up today but I do have a bit of related experience. I'm a former shipwreck diver and dive boat captain, lots of wreck experience but unable to dive now due to a back injury. Also have some research and publications to my credit:

Three years (1991-1993) research into maritime history and nautical archaeology of the Upper Florida Keys region. Resulted in publication of book Histories & Mysteries: The Shipwrecks of Key Largo, ISBN 0-941332-33-0 published by Best Publishing Company, copyright 1993 as well as multiple newspaper and magazine articles.

Two years (1992-1993) research and field work as Team Leader of The Northern Light Project, an archaeological study and artifact recovery effort involving a deep-water shipwreck within the Key Largo National Marine Sanctuary. Project sanctioned under N.O.A.A. permits KLNMS 39-92 and KLNMS 02-93. Project heavily covered in local media.

Author of two published non-fiction books and multiple feature-length magazine and newspaper articles. Please visit my Web site for details and sample writings Diving Books by Capt. Thomas A. Scott

I'd be interested in hearing about and possibly joining any legitimate projects in the West Virginia, Eastern Kentucky, Southern Ohio area. I could help with research and/or field work.

Thanks for having me!

Tom

Hawk4wvu

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You still hunting here in Putnam County? I'm also here would love to get together and hunt!

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come aboard ... :thumbsup: