Greetings from Upstate NY

Oct 14, 2012
Upstate NY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello!
I have been reading the forum for a while, and finally battled through the anti-spam features and joined. When I was about 12, we found a bunch of bottles and crocks under the porch of our house. Obviously, somebody was "homebrewing" during the Volstead Act. In trying to find out what this material was worth, I caught the treasure bug. We would up getting a cheap metal detector, and I found.....pop tops and cig foils, mostly.
So, I'm thinking about getting back into it. Finding enough treasure to get me through retirement sounds about as good a plan as counting on Social Security, and at least is under my control!

I work at a private college in Upstate NY, which would seem to be a good place to hunt on my lunch hour. I'd also like to dig for bottles in some abandoned settlements nearby.

I'm a computer geek and into electronics, and I like old coins, bottles, relics, guns, cars and I have two chinchillas and a cat.

Dave

Hoppus

Aug 20, 2012
Reno, NV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I'm from Phoenix and am interested in many of the same things! If you're lookin for someone to head out with let me know!

twomtns2002

Jun 30, 2010
Area 51
Hoang Ho - CEO lived in CNY at Utica and Oneida.
search - treasurerecyclingdevelopment
Project manager spot available for CNY area.
search - hoanghoart ....treasure/recycle

OP
OP
Diamondplate Dave
Oct 14, 2012
Upstate NY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! I'm from Phoenix and am interested in many of the same things! If you're lookin for someone to head out with let me know!
Heh. I was pretty confused for a moment until I figured out you're in Phoenix, NY! Thanks for the welcome! I see you have a Garrett AT-Pro, if you could weigh in with some advice in the thread I just started in the Garrett Forum, I'd really like your opinion.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...-buying-advice-coin-shooting.html#post2981067

Dave

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello: from New Hampshire!

Anita

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A nice introduction. Welcome from western vt, neighbor.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Dave! Take a look at Sub-Forums: New York for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread