MDer-to-be from the Pacific Northwest

MDVagabond8

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MD'er-to-be from the Pacific Northwest

This is an introduction but also a question. Can I do that?

I am new to metal detecting. I do have an old Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 from when I was younger, but I plan on buying one of higher quality very soon.

Some background:
I had always liked metal detecting in theory, and had thought about it before, but assumed it was just a waste of time and unproductive. But after coming across a metal detecting video by accident, I saw just how rewarding and productive it could actually be. The idea clicked in my head. I liked it. So I began looking into it more. I checked out different MD types and companies, various videos on youtube etc.
Well, I've become somewhat vicariously obsessed with it and dream about what things I might find, and being free with just me and my metal detector enjoying the outdoors.

I've narrowed my choices down to just two MD's. The Tesoro Compadre and the Fisher F2. I'm leaning toward the Compadre because I hear it's a great all-rounder and that it's great with small jewelery, gold and coins. I don't mind digging everything. I read that even high-end machines can mistake something like gold for foil.

I know 'which is better' is an often asked question for this forum, and that there really is no right answer as I've read there really is no best metal detector because they all have different attributes.

So my question is what MD is better for the soil in my area, and better for the things I plan to search.

I mainly plan to search for things like coins, jewelry, gold.

Any other Metal Detector suggestions are more than welcome. But I really only have up to 200$ to work with.

Thanks for the time

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, if you can contact Woodland Detector sales by sending him a PM (private message), i'me sure he can help.
He advertises at the top on this site.

Good luck, Fossis.................

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from New Hampshire!

Good luck with whichever machine you choose.

HH (happy hunting),
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread