Hi from New York

Lucrothe

Oct 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and new to treasure hunting with my wife. We have an entry level metal detector and go out in our backyard once a month or so and find old nails and bullet shells. We would like to find some interesting objects. We also just recent bought a gold panning kit and got to play with that this past weekend in a nearby stream and found some gold specs. The specs were really small and too hard to even pick up with tweezers. I hear that Vermont is good to go gold panning, so we would like to make a trip up there sometime.

We are in our early 30's with an 11 month old son and would like to go out treasure hunting with other people. We live near Middletown, NY.

Does anyone in the New York tri-state area have a gold shaking table that I could bring some material over to test out?

:)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello from White Plains, NY! There is very little gold in New York, and what there is was pushed here by glaciers in the ice age. There is not enough in the state to put a shaker table to use - sorry. Vermont yes, New York, no.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, hello from Morocco

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from another treasure hunting couple. We live in New Hampshire.

Anita

vtgoldprospector

Jun 27, 2012
Eastern Long Island
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, my hands and a pan!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum and new to treasure hunting with my wife. We have an entry level metal detector and go out in our backyard once a month or so and find old nails and bullet shells. We would like to find some interesting objects. We also just recent bought a gold panning kit and got to play with that this past weekend in a nearby stream and found some gold specs. The specs were really small and too hard to even pick up with tweezers. I hear that Vermont is good to go gold panning, so we would like to make a trip up there sometime.

We are in our early 30's with an 11 month old son and would like to go out treasure hunting with other people. We live near Middletown, NY.

Does anyone in the New York tri-state area have a gold shaking table that I could bring some material over to test out?

:)

I'm not sure a table is really what you need, unless you already have a nice bucket of cons. To keep the cost down try a DIY fluid bed and a good pan. A sluice would make things easier but you can't use them (in a river) in VT without a permit. You can however run them out of the river on a circulation system allowing decent amounts of dirt to be processed. If you are looking for places to go in VT when the time comes have a look at Goldmapmaker's Google Earth library. Gold Map Maker -- The ultimate gold prospecting tool! . It will provide you with tons of information so you can find a good place in VT to prospect. It will be free for a limited time, so get a move on!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread