New From West Chester, PA

AFirefighter

Tenderfoot
Oct 23, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

My name is Rick, I'm from West Chester, PA. I have never really gone treasure hunting, but have always had an urge to purchase a metal detector. It's on the list! I am looking for recommendations on a good one that's not too much money. Definitely okay with a used unit as well. Thanks!

I am a photographer, SCUBA diver, I work in customer service/tech, I love muscle cars - I have 2 LS1 Trans Ams, ride a motorcycle (Honda VFR800 Interceptor), and also own a Jeep ZJ (My 7th Jeep now), enjoy firearms, and much more. I have too many hobbies!

This is a photo of my g/f and I on my bike:
Rick-Sarah-Bike-XL.jpg

And one of us diving in Bonaire, a special Caribbean province of the Netherlands.
i-bQ6WhW7-XL.jpg

Looking forward to some research on metal detectors and possibly making a purchase. Thanks!

Last edited:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from New Hampshire! Husband and daughter are former firefighters (volly squad). We have a Suzuki Volusia 800, but haven't ridden lately due to a hip replacement and pending knee replacement surgery (me). Husband likes to hunt. I quilt. ALL very expensive hobbies! :laughing9: What hobby isn't expensive?

Since you scuba dive, have you considered getting a water machine? The Excaliber goes to 200 feet. ($1500 range)

Detector depends on what you want to spend. Lots of great machines out there, some as inexpensive as $250. The sky's the limit price wise. Figure out what type of hunting you want to do...fields, beach, water, then go from there. Hope this helps.

HH (happy hunting),
Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread