Super excited!

DeputyProspector

Nov 19, 2012
Orange County, Southern Californi
Detector(s) used
As of now, a cheap 50 dollar detector from harbor freight tools. Hopefuls getting a garret 150 for Christmas though!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello everybody! So glad to be a part of a group where everybody shares a similar passion. I'm from Southern California, Orange County to be exact, 20 years young and enjoying life (I'm here for a good time, not for a long time). I am a green horn gold prospector (about a year under my belt, with only about 4 outings total). I can find my way around a stream or arid ravine, but I'm no pro, and have a LOT to learn, but that's what makes it fun! Self development, learning, growth, and being rewarded for your hard work is what it's all about. I love to snowboard, shoot guns, hunt for gold (sluicing, panning, can I call it blue-bowling? Haha), spend time with my lovely fiancée (she's the only one who doesn't call me an old man for prospecting), as well as spend much of my time outdoors. I study criminal justice in college, on my way to becoming a deputy sheriff. I'm planning on joining GPAA this week, so I would be glad to group up with anyone who would like to go. Hopefully I can learn a lot from everybody here, and share what knowledge I have. Feel free to ask questions, and happy hunting everybody!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome DP! I hope you learn much and have lotsa fun here! There are a bunch of great folks on this forum!
Criminal justice eh? I appreciate David Eaglemans' works (Baylor college) in the area of neurolaw (and other areas). I am an advocate for recidivism reduction and learned much from an Atlanta atty Dan MacDougald and Norman Malik-Yonan. Good luck and blessings in your study and chosen line of profession.

As soon as you get a bearing on the mother-lode out there, PM me! LOL!

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the hobby. GPAA is nice, but don't forget the NRA for your rights to gun ownership.

OP
OP
DeputyProspector

DeputyProspector

Nov 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
As of now, a cheap 50 dollar detector from harbor freight tools. Hopefuls getting a garret 150 for Christmas though!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry for the late replies
Working loss prevention (arresting shoplifters) on Black Friday. Really sucks up a lot of time haha. I'll reply more after 2, I would like to get to know everyone!

OP
OP
DeputyProspector

DeputyProspector

Nov 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey thanks terry! The Route 66 is a GPAA chapter, it's the closest one to my house. Definitely going to be joining soon though!
Pat, I've always wanted to help people and defend others. I have a 4 year old little sister, so I want to keep the area safe for her and my future family :)
Sandman, I'm already an NRA member, that wasn't even up for debate when I signed up haha
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, glad I picked a forum with such friendly people! I'll keep everyone updated on my finds, currently going through my concentrates from calico as well! Got a nice picker and some flakes. Running the rest through a blue bowl for all the micro fines, wish I had some smaller classifiers though :(

OP
OP
DeputyProspector

DeputyProspector

Nov 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you smalls! So I bought myself a cheap 50 dollar detector from harbor freight, just to hold me over until I get my garret 150 for Christmas. I did end up finding a few coins and a silver or silver played heart charm. Haven't tested it yet, but it's not magnetic, and it's got a little black tarnish on it. Now I'm hooked!

OP
OP
DeputyProspector

DeputyProspector

Nov 19, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I feel bad for my gold prospecting hobby, cause detecting might take over now haha

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread