Super excited!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DeputyProspector

Thread: Super excited!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2012
    Orange County, Southern Californi
    As of now, a cheap 50 dollar detector from harbor freight tools. Hopefuls getting a garret 150 for Christmas though!
    4 times
    Prospecting

Super excited!

Hello everybody! So glad to be a part of a group where everybody shares a similar passion. I'm from Southern California, Orange County to be exact, 20 years young and enjoying life (I'm here for a good time, not for a long time). I am a green horn gold prospector (about a year under my belt, with only about 4 outings total). I can find my way around a stream or arid ravine, but I'm no pro, and have a LOT to learn, but that's what makes it fun! Self development, learning, growth, and being rewarded for your hard work is what it's all about. I love to snowboard, shoot guns, hunt for gold (sluicing, panning, can I call it blue-bowling? Haha), spend time with my lovely fiancée (she's the only one who doesn't call me an old man for prospecting), as well as spend much of my time outdoors. I study criminal justice in college, on my way to becoming a deputy sheriff. I'm planning on joining GPAA this week, so I would be glad to group up with anyone who would like to go. Hopefully I can learn a lot from everybody here, and share what knowledge I have. Feel free to ask questions, and happy hunting everybody!
    Sandman likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    May 2010
    White Plains, New York
    Minelab GPZ 7000 -- Equinox 600 -- Vanquish 540 -- Minelab Pro Find 35 // Grave Digger Tools Nemesis shovel, Sidekick hand digger // Bunk's Hermit Pick // Sponsored By Fort Bedford Metal Detectors
    25654 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome from White Plains, New York! Make sure to check out the different clubs in your area like
    Route 66 Gold Miners, Orange CA Prospectors

Orange County 49er's Gold Prospectors

The Prospector's Club of Southern California

There are more..

This is the best way to really get started! Good luck and Big Gold!!

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    8411 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Welcome DP! I hope you learn much and have lotsa fun here! There are a bunch of great folks on this forum!
    Criminal justice eh? I appreciate David Eaglemans' works (Baylor college) in the area of neurolaw (and other areas). I am an advocate for recidivism reduction and learned much from an Atlanta atty Dan MacDougald and Norman Malik-Yonan. Good luck and blessings in your study and chosen line of profession.

As soon as you get a bearing on the mother-lode out there, PM me! LOL!
    Last edited by pat-tekker-cat; Nov 23, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3988 times
    Welcome to the hobby. GPAA is nice, but don't forget the NRA for your rights to gun ownership.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Nov 2012
    As of now, a cheap 50 dollar detector from harbor freight tools. Hopefuls getting a garret 150 for Christmas though!
    4 times
    Prospecting
    Sorry for the late replies
    Working loss prevention (arresting shoplifters) on Black Friday. Really sucks up a lot of time haha. I'll reply more after 2, I would like to get to know everyone!

us
    Nov 2012
    4 times
    Prospecting
    Hey thanks terry! The Route 66 is a GPAA chapter, it's the closest one to my house. Definitely going to be joining soon though!
    Pat, I've always wanted to help people and defend others. I have a 4 year old little sister, so I want to keep the area safe for her and my future family
    Sandman, I'm already an NRA member, that wasn't even up for debate when I signed up haha
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes, glad I picked a forum with such friendly people! I'll keep everyone updated on my finds, currently going through my concentrates from calico as well! Got a nice picker and some flakes. Running the rest through a blue bowl for all the micro fines, wish I had some smaller classifiers though

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2012
    Kansas
    1130 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

us
    Nov 2012
    4 times
    Prospecting
    Thank you smalls! So I bought myself a cheap 50 dollar detector from harbor freight, just to hold me over until I get my garret 150 for Christmas. I did end up finding a few coins and a silver or silver played heart charm. Haven't tested it yet, but it's not magnetic, and it's got a little black tarnish on it. Now I'm hooked!

us
    Apr 2012
    Irving Texas and the beach
    Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
    414 times
    welcome to the addiction

us
    Nov 2012
    4 times
    Prospecting
    Yeah I feel bad for my gold prospecting hobby, cause detecting might take over now haha

Sponsored Links