Livefree

Dec 7, 2012
Satellite Beach Fl
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (Bounty Hunter)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everyone, name is Bill,
First I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
I live in the Space Coast area of Florida just across A1A from the beach. Just my wife and I and our two kids (the kind that walk on all fours and have problems enounciating). So far I have only been out about 3 times in the afternoon but it is relaxing and the exercise is good.
My gear is the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV that I just purchased based on some reviews I read. I understand that this is low on the totem pole of MD but I wanted to at least check if this is something I would like to do.
What I have found so far are:
Two lead sinkers
A rusty bottle cap
Two pennys that are so encrusted I can't make out the dates (have not figured out how to get them clean yet)
Enough pieces of aluminum cans to probably make 2 or 3.
When I search I dig up all the trash and throw it away so people can't get cut and other hunters don't have to redig them (I always fill up my holes before anyone asks, :) )

I have read about a lot of you doing shallow water. While I can get my lil unit's foot wet I don't think it would survive an accidental total immersion in the surf. I really can't afford an expensive one that would be a good one to use in that area so I guess for the time being I am relegated to dry or where the tide comes up a little bit. So my question is where on the beach should I be hunting? I checked the MD and general forums and did a search but did not find this question so if it has been asked I apologize, just point me in the right direction.:icon_scratch:

Thank you

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
welcome!! Hunt the dry sand and the wet sand if your machine will work there without too many false signals. good luck to you

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome and good luck hunting the beach, check out the clubs in your area and see what they are using,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread