new bees

Jan 24, 2013
albany oregon
Detector(s) used
ace 250 by Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi my husband and I are from Albany Oregon and have the Garrett ace 250 we only looked around our house and the park and an elementary school we want to go to the coast and spend a fue days and hoped some one may have some good advice where to go looking forward to the fun
Thanks Sandra and Richard

GrizLeeBear

Jan 18, 2013
Full Time In An RV
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not know the area, but beaches, school yards and the like are all good places to start. Be sure to fill in the holes and not leave a mess. Learn your machine with practice at home so when you take the show on the road you will know what that Ace is trying to tell you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just know it want perform well on wet salt sand, best to stay above high tide line in dry sand, if you hunt below that you need to turn sensitivity way down or it will be overloaded by salt minerals.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from another "New Bee"!

OhioDeb

May 16, 2011
westcentral Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! I'm an old stinker who is waiting on warmer weather. I love the ocean! Spent 4 years living on Cape Cod, Mass. Thanks to the Air Force. Wish I had a metal detector "bug" then.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread