Lafayette, LA

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
Y'all ever come north around Leesville/ Ft. Polk let me know. I'm always looking for folks to hunt with.

OP
OP
QueenTraci

QueenTraci

Greenie
Feb 1, 2013
We just moved here a couple of months ago from Florida. I'm not familiar with where you are... I really want to hunt the ghost town in the Atchafalaya Basin! How far are you from New Iberia? That seems to be the best route to there.

OP
OP
QueenTraci

QueenTraci

Greenie
Feb 1, 2013
Thank you, smalltowngirl! I have wanted to get into this for a long time and now that we've moved and I'm not working 60-70 hours a week I can! Just be patient if I ask stupid questions... :-)

EODsweeper

Jan 7, 2013
I'm a hour north of Lake Charles. I came here from Florida myself. Good old Uncle Sam brought me here and I just never left.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
QueenTraci

QueenTraci

Greenie
Feb 1, 2013
We finally went and were finding so much trash that we put the MD in the trunk and hunted for bottles. My phone won't let me upload and pics but we did find a WW2 era military issued foot powder tin and a couple of cool bottles. Haven't had the time to fully research yet. Thanks guys!! I have another property that I would like to hunt. In the process of finding the property owner's info... Anyone ever have any luck just knocking on doors?

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
improve3e.gif

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wayne91101

Jan 26, 2013
Vesta Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO with 8.5X11" COIL AND COVER,Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Garrett PRO Pointer,Lesche digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet and Happy hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread