Jan 20, 2013

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am about 6 mins up the road from the Inn. So how do we start a little group? Maybe we should throw up a new thread inviting folks to gather.

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can meet you all April 6 at High Noon at stocksville Inn. Will check back Friday for results of this date. If not I can work in my garden, clean house. etc.

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, put you on my list.

Well, should have checked this earlier, Stocksville Inn does not open until 4pm so lets move it to Harry's bar area.
Same time. Hope that is ok with anyone. All folks.

Last edited:

redstar

Mar 31, 2012
Parkesburg, Pa
Detector(s) used
none, yet
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harry's pub outside at 12noon Saturday April 6 , front of building. one of those pretty little round tables with with cloths on them. meet you all there.

PAStorm

May 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all, i'm extremelly new to this stuff, actually just joined today. All I have is very cheap stuff, as I just wanted to try it out and have a pretty good place I been wanting to try for a few years, just now got a cheapo detector and pinpointer. I live just off Bonsal Rd, 2 minutes from Harry's. Keep me on the list for future get togethers.

Like I said, I have no idea what i'm doing, and have crappy equipment, but after my first hunt this past Saturday, I think a new , better detector is in my near future....

Started out doing this so the wife and I could spend some time together, we both think the old time stuff is neat. Where I deer hunt is in Birmingham twp. down below WC, lot of revolutionary war history down there, so I always wanted to just mess around trying to find stuff there. We went down last fall, and dug up some old bottles from what I found two years ago was like a old dump. We found bottles from about the 1920's to the 1940's.

Bought a cheap MD and pinpointer from Harbor freight, paid about $55 for both. Inaugural day was this past Saturday. Got used to the MD and pointer pretty quick, finding the normal iron nails, and pieces of barb wire. But moved along and found some unidentifiable things that a buddy of mine is cleaning up now to try and find any markings. I also found what we have now determined is a old shot flask head. It was flattened out, but you can still tell that is what it is for sure.

Anyway, you can say I am now hooked, and looking to get back at is soon as possible.

I would love to see some of the stuff that you guys have found locally, I have lived on the same property my whole life, and know the area well.

Good luck to all.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread