1951 Silver Plated Short Shank Military Buttons Shields Inc

Feb 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day everyone;
I am new to this website and I guess you would consider me a treasure hunter for it is how I make my living. Last week I was doing a garage/barn clean out with the owner when he pulled out a box opened it and said here these are just a bunch of old buttons. My chin about hit the floor when I saw that it actually was a entire box full of military buttons silver plated from 1951 still in the box that was in pretty poor but still whole condition. We counted these buttons this morning the box says there is 288 of them but in reality there is actually exactly 400 of them. I am going to try to post some pics so you can see what they are. Did we just run into a really good find? If so what are they worth, I am not sure I am going to put them up for sale however for the right price I probably will. What are they worth can anyone help me. I can't find these anywhere on the internet from this far back. The ones I have found are vintage none this old, and even the vintage ones are not in as near good shape as these I have. I found one on ebay here

Here are some pictures of them.

IMG_20130210_133012.jpg IMG_20130210_133919.jpg IMG_20130210_134157.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread