Hello! Another one from Minneapolis, MN!

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey guys! So I've recently started investing in precious metals vs. my 401k which has not done well in the past years. Thus, a new passion of mine has started! PRECIOUS METALS!!

My name is Corey and lately I've been all about Silver/Gold collecting. now, being from Minnesota I've been blessed with an affinity of nature. I go hiking/camping/fishing a lot around Minnesota with my fiancee and there have been a number of times where I wished I had a gold pan! There is SO MUCH untapped potential here in Minnesota for this hobby. I'm so excited for 2013!

This site kept coming up in my searches so i thought I would start here, and there seems to be a lot of hobbies-ts already here so why not?!

I'm in the starting phase of this adventure, procuring tools/researching the spots, by this summer I'll be a prospector in no time ;p

The reason I've started this hobby is simple:
Gold is a beautiful metal, used in quite a few things. I'm outside a lot as it is, might as well have a hobby that will pay for itself. I am not looking to strike it big, just to have fun, collect some metals and enjoy the beauty of it!

Thanks in advance for a warm welcome and I hope to help/learn/grow with you guys!

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hello and welcome from st. paul here's a pic of some gold I found in bloomington to wet your appetite...
bloomington gold.jpg bloomington gold 2.jpg

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe