Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,

I am new to the Metal Detecting hobby and already hooked. Have a nice piece of land in the Fredericksburg area off of the Rappahannock River and kept getting a few people a year stopping by and asking if they can detect on our land. I figured that I should do a little history research and found out that the area is plum full of civil war history. Apparently the area was occupied by both Union and Confederate forces during the war. Some nice battle maps, via library of congress website (which is just an excellent reference point) show that the area was used specifically as travel routes during the Battle of Chancellorsville. I"ve also come across what seem to be gold mine shafts that are right near a stream that leads into the river so I hope to do a little prospecting as well.

Well I bought a Whites MXT Pro and started about two weeks ago. I"ve been out twice so far and have found 2 1/2 horseshoes, 1 bullet and several items that I can't even guess what they may be. I'm saving everything that I find.

Anyone have any opinions on the MXT Pro? It states that I can use it for prospecting for gold as well. Haven't played with that setting yet. As far as relic hunting, that is what I have used it for so far. It beeps all of the time. Low "Iron" hits and then higher pitched beeps. I'm not sure if I should be digging every beep or what??? I'm sure experience is the key ingredient for success but any help for this newbie would be very much appreciated.

A picture of me and my little guy.
me and nathan on boat.jpg

Skinsfan

Feb 14, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Garret Pro Pointer
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can attest, very nice property! Only a matter of time before your first buckle!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice picture:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions