vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!

Stickman411

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats up Bro? What an awesome site! Lets go find some GOLD today!!!! :goldpan:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Howdy Chrisya!

I'm in the upper Skagit Valley area, and like you I'm absolutely sick of the rain,
and it's not gonna stop for a couple more months.
As a "cure", I'm packing up my truck up and heading south about 800 miles...
(I'm retired, might as well be a Snow Bird..8-)...)

Last edited:

Stickman411

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dizzy, Chrisya and I are heading up your way in a few hours. Going to hit the south fork of the Nooksack. Any advice? Thanks.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Dizzy, Chrisya and I are heading up your way in a few hours. Going to
hit the south fork of the Nooksack. Any advice? Thanks.

You betchya..glad to help if I can.

What you'll find on the Nooksack is generally flood gold, meaning it is very small and light,
and settles in the first 8" of sand/rocks along the bank. I've never got down more than
a foot there and found much gold...it's all in that top layer.

Also, hang on to this link, as it shows the current water conditions on the SF at Saxon
Bridge:

USGS Current Conditions for USGS 12210000 SF NOOKSACK RIVER AT SAXON BRIDGE, WA

River is real low and slow right now, so you've picked a superb time to go. Hopefully you'll
have enough water flow to still run the sluice properly, but there is a lot of bank there
for you to work.

Saxon Rd. cuts off of Hwy. 9 about 10 miles (approx) from Sedro., and there is a good area
to work on your right just after you cross the Saxon bridge, although the trail can be hard to spot,
but it's there. Just work the top 6-10" of material and you'll come home with color in the pan.
woot-035.gif

Have fun, and remember...pictures or it never happened! 8-)

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Stickman411

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just what we needed thank you! That's where we were planning on checking out. Somewhere by the fish hatchery. We'll post pictures on how we do.

Stickman411

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brother and I had a great time on the Nooksack today! Thanks Dizzy for the tips!

ForumRunner_20130309_015205.png

ForumRunner_20130309_015225.png

ForumRunner_20130309_015236.png

Stickman411

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice!! how long were you guys there?

Maybe 4 hours but only ran material for about 2. I think I ran about 12 bucket through my bazooka sluice. It was our first time there so we spent some time test panning and had to find an area with faster water to get the sluice working right. Dizzy was right, the water was slower than I thought it would be for this time of year. But it was beautiful weather and we had an absolute blast! Can't wait to go back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread