nozzlehead

Greenie
Mar 20, 2013
Trumbull Co. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266xb
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up running through the woods, playing along train tracks, carrying a slingshot or BB gun, digging old dump sites and around old homestead foundations, etc. For the younger readers, there was a time in this country ALL kids did this and did it with our parents blessings. If we weren't doing something like this we were asked "what's wrong? Are you feeling alright?". The great thing was we never had any thought of something bad happening to us. Our biggest fear was being late for dinner! Well over the years, school and work and work and school took over. Now, after being a Firefighter for the last 23 yrs I know what I want to be when I grow up...A KID AGAIN! I miss the days of running the woods looking for the next adventure and seeing what I'll find today. So when my mom handed down her old metal detector to my daughter I decided to pull the one out thats been in its hard case in my garage for the last 8 yrs. Behold a Fisher 1266xb! Pretty nice detector from what I'm reading. So, with my daughter by my side, I'm going to revisit my old stomping grounds and relive some memories and make some new ones while I'm at it. So wish us luck...here goes nothing!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Ohio for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

'bulaDirtDog

Jan 12, 2013
N.E. Ohio
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3000(AKA a Sharpshooter II w/volume control)LOL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from a snowy Ashtabula County!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread