Another from the badger state

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70,Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, 2 Garrett pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still winter here in Wisconsin. Been digging in the dirt most all of my life so I need a new hobby to continue the trend. I had a buddy many years ago that was into detecting which caught my attention but I never made the leap till now. I am near the Wisconsin river by Petenwell and Castle Rock Lakes were there is lots of sand everywhere. Even the woods have a sandy soil. Of all the different forums, this one seems to have the friendliest, most informative and least bias people so I guess your stuck with me. My wife and grandson are also excited about MDing so I will need at least 2 detectors for now and a pp. Been reading here for a few weeks and noticed different detectors are good at different things. We also have lots of beaches and very shallow sand bars people use for parties. The population is very seasonal and I have not seen another detector around here in the 10 years we have lived here. I have been looking at the Fishers and Garretts. Probably something like the AT pro for water and maybe the F5 Fisher for coins or one of the Aces. Any suggestions are appreciated weather they would compliment each other for covering all the bases. Looking forward to learning from anyone willing to contribute and thanks in advance.---Larry

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Ohio use to live in Wisconsin very cold lol

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Wisconsin for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
IBdiggin

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Hope to spend lots of time learning ------Larry

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forums. You have some good choices on machines there, the At Pro will serve you well in water and land. the F5 is a geat coin machine and it likes rings too.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
IBdiggin

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank again for the welcome everyone

OP
OP
IBdiggin

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jesse, Been by that 6 pack in Lacrosse many times. My grandsons ace 250 should be on the little brown truck today. Curious as to what is in the sand over here by Castle Rock. Even our woods are about 1/2 sand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread