SPOKANE, WASHINGTON - PLACES TO PROSPECT?

pothang

Mar 25, 2013
Deatsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Alabama for your home state and when you go to Spokane you might want to browse Sub-Forums: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.)...

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a road trip to here. Public Lands Information Center | Hidden Gems: Star Garnets Off the Beaten Path in the Idaho Panhandle
It's beautiful country and the kids have a blast digging in the dirt. Guarantee they will bring home treasures of star garnets. The Park Service runs it and has everything there, including volunteers to instruct and help out. Prior to them restricting and controlling it the landscape was getting decimated by all the activity. There is a fee of I think $5. Lots of other beautiful attractions in that area if you plan on camping.

Panning? Well, over here in Idaho is ideal but I can't point you specifically to any place. Sullivan Creek up by Metalline Falls has glacier gold aplenty. There are no riches but you will find color. Also a beautiful day in the country. Been a few decades since I've been there but there used to be an "undeveloped" camping area a few miles west of Mill Pond that is a great area to park/camp/picnic/play while playing in Sullivan Creek running right through it.

There are other areas around but am not entirely familiar with them. Whatever you want, it's going to be an hour or two drive away from Spokane proper.

Attachments

• Sullivan.jpg
    Sullivan.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 778
Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
oldnbroken said it. From spokane you are going to be around 100 miles in three directions to find gold. North around mettaline, east in the Idaho pan handle, and south
to the snake river. Note, up north is the only place I've ever saw a grizzly. Good luck.

OP
OP
P

pothang

Mar 25, 2013
Deatsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everybody! Looks like I've joined a really friendly and welcoming crowd. Glad to be a part of a nice community. thanks for all the advice. Will definitely follow-up the info provided. We will have the gkids for 4 days while parents go to Vegas for a 10th anniversary trip. GRIZZLY?? now that ain't part of the plan! Thanks again ! right now, the only metal detecting I've done has been at a local campground -- found an old webelo scarf slide and at Phil's grandma's home place that's been completely torn down -- a tin ghetto perfume can "Ming Jade"...hahaha!

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lived in Spokane for my first 22yrs of my life. DO NOT hunt in Spokane itself, you'll get harrassed and haggled horribly.
Real quick-For those of you that don't know, up until two/three years ago, Spokane, WA was the number one Meth capital in the world. The city is FILLED TO THE BRIM with gangsters, wangsters, juggaloes and wiggers. It's now number two, I believe LA is now #1.
That being said, unless you go out to Dear Park or Mead up north, you really won't get any river action.
Sure you could go to the city parks, but honestly you'll find tons of trash, old syringe needles and MUCH of Spokane is not allowed due to Indian land.
Sorry btw, it's why I got outa Spokane 3yrs ago. Lost too many friends to snorting pills and driving drunk.

Wow, you must have spent your whole life in the wrong part of the town. I've never been harassed or haggled. I don't recall ever finding a syringe in the parks. Guess I go to the wrong parks then.
Mead/ Deer Park are about as far as you can get from any "river action" in the area.
And where is this off-limits Indian land you speak of? I'll have to make sure to avoid it next time I'm there.

OP
OP
P

pothang

Mar 25, 2013
Deatsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow, first I've heard of that. My son is active duty Air force (Air Traffic Controller). We were out there Christmas a year ago, but didn't do a lot of running around town.
We did go see Santa at the local mall. People in line were as friendly as they are down here. Thanks for the info; I will keep that under advisement!

NAILS_N_BOTTLECAPS

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow..I have lived in Spokane ALL of my life and have never been harassed as you have mentioned. The people here are for the most part always very friendly and usually will either leave you alone and let you go about what you are doing or ask you about metal detecting. As for being the meth capital.. seriously? Yes there are some " bad" areas of the city that has its issues....but what city can you name that doesn't? Spokane has ALWAYS been a family friendly town,I have raised 3 kids here who are also raising my grandkids here as well ...all of them.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and happy hunting in 2015!

NAILS_N_BOTTLECAPS

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you:) I really wonder if if that person actually lived here as he didn't spell Deer Park correctly and there is NO Indian land in Spokane that is off limits. He'd have to drive way out of Spokane to do this. Oye

OldNBroken

May 13, 2010
North Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you:) I really wonder if if that person actually lived here as he didn't spell Deer Park correctly and there is NO Indian land in Spokane that is off limits. He'd have to drive way out of Spokane to do this. Oye

Only thing I can think of is he spent those 22yrs chained up on 3rd and Altamont if those were his only memories of Spokane. Granted I can see it's demise over my 50 yrs but his recollections are a tad, shall we say embellished to put it nicely.

NAILS_N_BOTTLECAPS

Tenderfoot
Feb 17, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep,you put it nicer than I would have. I personally even wonder if he actually lived here to be honest. True as a Spokane native/ lifer .... I have lived here a very long time and yes have to agree with you ,have seen it go through its good and bad times. I look tho at other places and they seem to have the same problems,some worse than others. Hey at least we don't have the nasty weather they are getting back east! You just can't beat the 4 seasons here if you like doing outdoor stuff :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
people in different Circles see different Sides to all parts of the World.

if you live around Law enforcement you hear all the Bad things.
If you live around young people you hear about all the Cool Parties etc.

it's all who you spend your time with.

anyway welcome to all !

TreasureNet is still the Best part of the world :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread