Hello from the Texas Gulf Coast

TicDeLaRue

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks. I have been reading the forum for about a week now and think it is time to make my introduction.

I grew up in Texas City Texas a block away from the The Texas City Dike which is claimed to be the world's longest fishing pier. Texas City was also home of the 1st Aero Sqaudron and the site of what is claimed to be the world's worst industrial accident in 1947 with the explosion of the Grandcamp, carrying 2,300 tons of ammonium nitrate and small arms ammunition and the following day the High Flyer, carrying 1,800 tons of ammonium nitrate also exploded.

I lived just a few blocks from all of these locations and as a kid fishing the shoreline would find bullets in the sand where they had been deposited after the explosion 30 years before. We would also metal detect the site of the 1st Aero Squadron and found many turn of the century coins. There was also another site across town, that I believe was a practice range, where we would pick up round musket balls off the ground.

I found my way to this site while researching which metal detector to buy. Since retiring 4 years ago at the age of 49 I need a new hobby to occupy my time.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME ABOARD-:hello:

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Treasure Net from Mississippi!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread