Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Simplex
PulseDive pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New detectorist here. Lurked here for a month or so and then bought the Fisher F2. Just picked up the DD coil for it. I have hit the beach a few times and on my property.

I have ran the F2 probably 10 times. Finds so far include pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Oldest penny legible is 1964. Have one that is too far gone with corrosion. Oldest nickel is also 1964. Dimes and quarters are bright and shinny recent drops. Lots of tabs, whole cans, nails and unknown metal objects. Nails and just junk.
On the property I have found old nails and barbs from barb wire fence. Located an old fence line.

I ordered the Sand Shark today so I can get on the wet sand and shallow wading. Pretty pumped about my new hobby! Ordered the Sand Shark from Rich at Colonial Metal Detecting (a very patient man!) gave me a great deal too!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME TO TNET :hello:

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TN from Columbus, Ms.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread