Newbie from Whatcom County Washington

WhatcomFam

May 28, 2013
Whatcom County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm ready to jump into the pan again. As a kid/teen I did a bit of panning and sluicing with my fam and had a blast with it. My husband and kids got their first taste yesterday with some 13 year old leftover black sand of my dads from the American River in CA. They have the fever now and we are on the hunt to get our own gear together to have a fun hobby to do this summer with our small kids. We are planning on mainly working the south fork of the nooksack since we live so close. I'm looking at getting the Garret Pan sets with Classifier and starting off with a small EZ Sluice. From the information I have found from these forums it looks like a good start for us. If you have some tips or tricks for us we'd be grateful! Happy Panning People!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Washington for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello2:Good luck in ya'll prospecting, and welcome to tnet!

Roy

williamsingr

Mar 15, 2012
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT PRO, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to check the regulations on the stream your interested in, I thought someone said some rivers in CA were closed for using a sluice.

OP
OP
WhatcomFam

WhatcomFam

May 28, 2013
Whatcom County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We aren't sluicing in the American River. It is just pay dirt from a trip 13 years ago. We are in Washington state. Thanks for the heads up though :hello:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread