Newbie to Metal Detecting

night crawler

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
Shopping for the best $300-$400 one I can find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,im just getting interested in this metal detecting craz.Ive listened to jon morgans podcast,"lets talk metal detecting and treasure hunting"thats how I got here.If anyone has more good podcasts to offer I would like that.Im looking to buy a detector for $300-$400 max.I have a borrowed old radio shack detector that doesn't have instructions :icon_scratch: so im not doing any good atm.anyways thanks for any info ttyl

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Night Crawler! For $3-400, consider the Garrett Ace 250 or 350, Fisher F2/F4 or the Whites Coinmaster GT. They are all good machines in your price range.

If I can answer some questions for you, give me a call.

Wayne

(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
and while you are waiting for Wayne to ship your new detector...here is a link to some online manuals for about a dozen RadioShack detectors. Hopefully yours is in the list.

Index to Metal Detectors

OP
OP
N

night crawler

Tenderfoot
Jul 5, 2013
Detector(s) used
Shopping for the best $300-$400 one I can find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys and gals,you have been real helpful.I have been looking at the coinmaster real hard actually.I think I might go with that.Thanks for the links to the subforms vpnavy and the manuals 'finderskeepers' and the link to metal detecting stuff ill check them all.Good hunting everyone hope I can help out someday also.thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions