Getting back in the game

Jul 14, 2013
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Greeting from Northern Michigan!

Looking to get back into detecting after a 11 or 12 yr hiatus. I've been researching for weeks and see the technology has changed (like the XP Deus) but what hasn't is you still must still know your detector inside and out and how it reacts (think: beware of the man with one gun). Anyways, I'm done lurking and will be asking questions about various models.

Thanks!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Michigan for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
W
Jul 14, 2013
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. Thanks to a comment from my wife I may be changing the focus of detectors to more water specific. She loves going to the beach and where I live the are many beaches and water gathering spots, sooooo, she said why don't you get one that works in the water so you can try to find rings and I can hang out on the beach while you do your thing. Hmmmmmmm, did I just get the green light for a Excalibur II or a CZ-21:). No AT Pro for me as my last detector was a Garrett and didn't impress me even though I spent a lot of time with it. Anywhoo, it's back to the forums and You Tube to help make my choice, after all, I have to keep momma happy;).

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard!
Decisions,Decisions, I wish you luck in making the right choice.

Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions