Northwest MS. greenhorn

zerowatts

Greenie
Jul 14, 2013
MS.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am disabled so bought a couple of Bounty Hunter Platinums for fun and hoping for a little extra income as a bonus. I stumbled across this website and must say that I love it. My wife was looking over my shoulder as I was browsing and she has already made plans for our first search tomorrow. I am so glad I bought 2 detectors. Not sure where to go but I think I may start at a local school playground or a few miles down the street an area was taken by imminent domain and they removed all the houses to make way for a new interstate. I am also only about 20 miles from Holly Springs which was used as a supply depot by General Grant until Van Dorn raided the supplies and destroyed what was left but I figure it is worth a try anyway. I guess I should start reading the instruction manuals on how to use my newly acquired toys in preparation for tomorrow because as of right now I have no idea what I am doing.:happysmiley:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to the site! Sounds like there's many great adventures in the near future
for you and your Mrs. :occasion14:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard:hello:
Have fun with those new detectors, and may your finds be plentiful!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Mississippi for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
Z

zerowatts

Greenie
Jul 14, 2013
MS.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the welcome and thank you vpnavy for the suggestion.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread