Sea_Green

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Two eyes, Two hands.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Newly christened treasure hunter on the river banks and in the swamps in Louisiana. I visited my brother in West Virginia a couple of weeks back and we ended up purchasing a MineLab Etrac to scour the land for valuables. We came out of the week with unidentifiable metal pieces, small copper pipe, an old id tag, refrigerator compressor buried at two feet, and a large pile of beer cans. I've since returned home and started my hunting along the banks of the Mississippi River. I find that the river acts as a natural sifter in the right areas, so I'm enjoying honing my spotting skills. With these two hands and feet, I shall discover the world. Thanks for tuning into my post. More to come.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pp-civilwar-print2 (2).jpg

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome and what a great state you live in to metal detect.

OP
OP
Sea_Green

Sea_Green

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Two eyes, Two hands.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Coily! Agreed. I've loved living throughout the Gulf South. It might not have the nice elevation of the Northern States, but we hold strong to our port cities, beaches, swamps, and other terrane. I've got the faith that there is plenty more to discover in my neck of the woods! Thanks again for the hello.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Louisiana for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey vpnavy and River Rat, you too Coily Girl, thats my other son!! Whats a guy to do?? Best of all to you!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from a fellow Louisianian:hello:

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, all these folks from LA here. If any of you have not been to the Louisiana Treasures Museum...it's well worth the trip to Ponchatoula along Hwy 22 to Springfield to explore this museum. Many of the finds by Wayne (owner) were found with a metal detector, looking in LA swamps for Indian artifacts, & diving Lake Maurepas & Lake Pontchartrain. Had a LA TNet get together here several years ago...time for another one.
attachment.php

Oh, check out the Louisiana thread, lots of good info, history, etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sea_Green

Sea_Green

Greenie
Jul 27, 2013
New Orleans, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Two eyes, Two hands.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Agreed! I'm game for a gathering. Now I'm curious how the lake pontchartrain diving expedition went. I've always considered it too silty for me to even begin researching dive spots. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be reviewing the Louisiana threads for more information.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat! Would enjoy getting together with all of you! Should you decide to get together please let me know!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions