Newport, RI

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome enjoy your hunting and enjoy his company.He won't be five forever..And he will be 17 one day and want to use the car and drain your wallet..

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Rhode Island for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.
metal_detector.gif
And, super on you and your son building memories - nothing better!

diggin-a-hole

Aug 13, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excaliber -
Garrett Ace 350 -
MP3 Pro ( don't buy one ; mine was free) -
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Captain , Welcome and as one said enjoy the time with your son while you can. They grow faster than you think , I miss those younger days.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet!! Enjoy the time and savor the time with your son!! As justdon states he will not be 5 forever, but will remember the days together when he was!! GOOD HUNTING from the Bayou state of Louisiana!! VERDE!!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
N
Aug 11, 2013
Newport RI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. Thanks WAYNE good info there.. So how do i approach someone with an old home? Just ask them if i can search there property? Do people normally allow it? Do i give them a cut of the finding? Say if i found something pricey?

OP
OP
N
Aug 11, 2013
Newport RI
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone seems really friendly on this website. Its very nice. But i don't know how i would feel about a stranger knocking on my door asking to dig up my property? Im just curious if you have done this method. Is it a sales pitch? "hey would you like me to find some wheat pennies in your hard, Ill give you half of my findings"? haha.. Let me know what works guys. Not only am i new to using a medal dectector but i will be knew to asking someone to search there yards..

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Louisiana.....

Mekong Mike

Jul 22, 2013
Vietnam, Saigon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Capt Rick.

If they have a big place and don't have a manicured yard like a golf course, i think most people would be willing to let you poke around. Often times they have lost something in the past and they will ask you to help find it.

Never hurts to ask. It also opens doors to other opportunities.

Attachments

• 1268050404_struck_by_karma.gif
    1268050404_struck_by_karma.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 280

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Rick,
I used to live right next to you in Middletown back before I was into detecting. I always thought about this Victorian house down at the end of our street that was condemned and burned down in 1968. I remember going over to the lot afterward and finding two old cars in the back yard in which I found 14 silver coins. Got to be some in the yard too I would think! With our luck, someone has built another house there and changed the whole landscape. PM me if you'd like the address.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread