Hi From Pensacola, FL

JBD1093

Sep 5, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been lurking around this site for a few years now. Thought I'd go ahead and sign up. I was given a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV about three years ago and have been detecting off and on since. I tried for a few months and didn't have alot of luck so I put it away. Well earlier this year a customer came into the store I work at and told me about his metal detecting. I told him I've tried it and didn't have much luck. He told me to get out there and keep at it. So, I have been. I enjoy finding things. I havn't really found anything really awesome. I found a cheap five dollar ring, a bunch of coins(none of important dates), and lots of trash. I'm really new to this hobby, and I know my detector is a low end detector, but I have heard good things about it. My girlfriend won't let me buy a new one until I use the one I've got consistently which makes sense(but boy do I want a high dollar machine). Any advice is welcome. Thank you for having me here.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! Holler if I can help in any way! Be sure to mention your a tnet member to get better deals!
wink.png

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasurenet,

Keep digging and the good finds will come. Researching your locations for old areas where people gathered are the key to finding silver.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
J

JBD1093

Sep 5, 2013
Pensacola
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the welcome. Today my girlfriend, my roommates and I all went to a park here in my neighborhood and just started detecting around. We were finding lots of trash and junk on one side of the park. A guy from the neighborhood came up to us and said "hey, you aren't the guys who were here the other day. Come over here with me. They found a bunch of dollars and coins over in this area."

So we all walked that way and started sweeping the area. We found a few quarters and pennies and he was like see told you to hit this side. We thanked him and kept detecting. Ended up with 2 quarters, 4 pennies, 2 9 millimeter bullet casings(made us all wonder if a shooting went down in the park), and two rings.

I'll post pics up later maybe in the finds section. I don't think the rings are worth anything, but cool to find anyways. Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Definitely a huge rush finding stuff.

Last edited:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Louisiana.....

Maltamary

Mar 18, 2006
Pensacola, FL
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter & Famous Trails Model 3005
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi I am from Pensacola, FL too. I have been here since March 2006 when I got a Lone Star Bounty Hunter metal detector. So far I have found lots of roofing nails post Hurricane Ivan & old rusty metal mixed in with bricks & other debris probably left over by the home builders in the 1970's. I would really love to learn how to use my detector properly & once my doctor says that my foot is healed & I can actually bear weight on my foot (bone fusion big toe on 08/27) I would love to go out metal detecting.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard Maltamary! I sure hope your big toe heals up okay......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions