Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello,
My name is Jeff and I am an addict.....lol I have become addicted to detecting now. I am less than 2 months into this and I have just purchased my 3rd detector(common rookie mistake I know now). I bought a cheap bounty hunter to see if I would like it and of course I did. Then I decided i needed a better detector so I bought a garrett Ace 250 (Which I think is a great detector for land and dry sand) But living at the beach I was getting very frustrated trying to search wet sand and ocean water. It sounded like a slot machine winning all of the time in my head phones and I was not finding anything in the wet sand with it. So, for my anniversary I bought myself the garrett sea hunter MK II and a long handled alluminum scoop. I took them out for a short try this morning. I did not get to do the ring dance but I was able to scoop 3 beer caps 2 hair pins and 3 beer can tops. For me I thought this was a huge success considering I have never gotten anything out of wet send or ocean in months. The waves were a bit rough for me today, but when they calm down I will be more aggressive looking for gold. Ok That is my story and I am sticking to it!!
Jeff :headbang:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello jeff and welcome to the forum.I have only been detecting 2 months myself.Good luck to you.And HH.

Chevyfan2k9

Aug 27, 2013
Conway,sc
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta 4000,fisher f2,garrett gta350,bounty hunter elite 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the board Jeff, I live in conway sc so not to far, just got back from one of the best digs I have ever done In northern New Jersey, found lots of stuff, best place I have hunted was at spring maid beach and going to go there Tuesday

Jack

OP
OP
M

MBYeti

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Welcome to the board Jeff, I live in conway sc so not to far, just got back from one of the best digs I have ever done In northern New Jersey, found lots of stuff, best place I have hunted was at spring maid beach and going to go there Tuesday

Jack
I have only found 4 junk rings on the beach and a ton of coins and trash. I am just now starting into the water hunting. I was stoked to scoop beer caps today....lol I know more is on the horizon. Waves were a bit too much for me today. I get motion sick easy. Someday I would like to find some non beach locations to hunt. Do you hunt any of these old Plantations around here? I have hunted dry sand around Springmaid Pier, but not water and very poor results.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. Addiction is correct! With that said it gets you out for some fresh air and keeps you out of trouble, plus the scenery on the beaches there is nice.

OP
OP
M

MBYeti

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2013
Myrtle Beach, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Welcome aboard. Addiction is correct! With that said it gets you out for some fresh air and keeps you out of trouble, plus the scenery on the beaches there is nice.

I walked 29 miles last week on dry sand, so yea I totally agree. But 3 detectors in 2 months, wife think I am taking this too serious....lol Just wait until I bring her home some gold.... :-)

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, i agree with her on three in such a short time. You better find something nice quickly so she forgets that part.
I noticed the others ya that i have lost a few pounds with all the walking i have done lately with my detecting. I am trying to get out every day i am not at work.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Louisiana....

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: South Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

southern gent

Aug 1, 2004
Pickens Co. S.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Sovriegn. Whites. Garret
Primary Interest:
Other
I have spent ALOT of time on the sand at Myrtle. I went from White to Minelab because of it :)
This time of year I like to hunt at night, but be carefull. Lotta nuts out there. I keep well protected.
I usually hunt from just before sundown until 1-1:30 am. And yes i have done well.
Some days are diamonds, but most days are just dirt. Enjoy the wierd finds. My strangest Myrtle find was a
creamatory tag from Rochster, NY.
You will undoubtedly find a heap of pullies and the errant 50 cal. dummy load from the old airbase days.
Just settle in, set up a pattern and hunt. Those out-of-towners that run down the blanket line like they are going to find it all miss ALOT of goodies. I look forward to your awesome finds. If you have as much good fortune as I have, I know
we will see some great pics soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread