New Girl from Savannah

dirtygirl

Greenie
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all. I have enjoyed the photos on this site for a couple of years now. Forgive me for lurking and in advance for any newbie breaches of forum etiquette. I have gathered quite a few "treasures" over my years, but very little official knowledge as far as identification for a lot of them. I get really bogged down in the research process. I am hoping that I can garner the attention of someone kind and patient enough to take a look at a few of my things that I know are something cool but I'm not sure exactly what they are or I would like to know more about. I live in a historically rich location and literally pick up buttons and bullets in my yard. (that's not meant to sound bragadocious) It would be especially great to meet a contact in Savannah. I am also having a hard time finding someone locally to identify, certify, and/or clean shipwreck coins....and all of my artifacts for that matter.
Glad to finally vent my frustrations to like-minded folks...it ain't exactly what the other moms in carpool like to discuss. Thanks.

Jenny
(henceforth, Dirty Girl)

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Georgia for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet Jenny !

as a Former Lurker, I'm sure your aware of our What is it Section,
Feel free to use it as much as Needed, allot of Very smart (except for 1
tongue3.gif
) people
in there,
you can trust on their ID's.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello and welcome from florida.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and ask away - very knowledgeable people on TN.
images.jpg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:I have found members like one thing better than a good hunt......that's identifying the results of someone else's good hunts. Welcome to the hobby and forum. You have probably discovered each type relic and/or coin has at least one very knowledgeable person in Tnet. Good luck in your endeavors.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
D

dirtygirl

Greenie
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I'm originally from south MS. Consider Louisiana part of my stompin grounds. Good to see home folk.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from Valdosta!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELCOME TO TNET----SHIP WRECKED COINS, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME FINDS !

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from WV. I lived in Savannah, Ga for five years, just wished I had been into metal detecting when I lived there. I have been back to Tybee Island a couple times on vacation with my detector, but didn't find anything good. I was with first ranger battalion at Hunter AAF. RLTW

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW, you're sure in a great area to find good stuff. If I can give a newbie just one piece of advice it would be to read, read, read. T-Net goes back a long ways and there is a wealth in information in the old posts. There are some really smart people here. They can identify those bullets and buttons in a heartbeat. Did you know that there are people who pan and sluice for gold in GA? And they find a bunch. Check out historic map works and sanborn maps. Spend some quality time with Google. Talk to old timers.

I spent the afternoon reading a thread about Spanish Jesuits in the SW USA and northern Mexico. I'll never get there but it was a fascinating read.

I can certainly understand about the moms in the carpool. I get the same reaction from friends and family when I start talking about this stuff. Most people don't have a clue about the history of their area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread